Work lighting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akirk

Established Member
Reaction score
As the years march on, I seem to need a bit more light to focus on what I am doing...
Having moved house earlier this year, we are yet to fully sort out the lights in the garage (aka workshop type place), so for the short term I looked online and bought some simple Kitchen under-cupboard lighting - LED, each box is three lights that either plug together directly (as I have done), or can take wires between them to space them out further... Once plugged in there is a soft glowing blue light where the power button is (one end of one light unit) and pressing that turns them on - then holding that will dim down and back up... very effective, and I think very cheap - from a Chinese company, but I have a few of their things and all have worked well and intuitively...

The lights mount on 3m sticky pads, or by screwing a simple clip into the relevant surface, and to which the lights click - so for each set of three lights, there are 6 clips... (photo below shows two sets put up). They have transformed the area in which I work...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

oh, very nice.....did try to find a pir switch to turn on under cupboard light for a new kitch but gave up....
had seen them on me travels but cant remember......
Be good to know, makes the job of lighting so much neater.....
any ideas....

Latest posts

Back