Work lighting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akirk

Established Member
Reaction score
As the years march on, I seem to need a bit more light to focus on what I am doing...
Having moved house earlier this year, we are yet to fully sort out the lights in the garage (aka workshop type place), so for the short term I looked online and bought some simple Kitchen under-cupboard lighting - LED, each box is three lights that either plug together directly (as I have done), or can take wires between them to space them out further... Once plugged in there is a soft glowing blue light where the power button is (one end of one light unit) and pressing that turns them on - then holding that will dim down and back up... very effective, and I think very cheap - from a Chinese company, but I have a few of their things and all have worked well and intuitively...

The lights mount on 3m sticky pads, or by screwing a simple clip into the relevant surface, and to which the lights click - so for each set of three lights, there are 6 clips... (photo below shows two sets put up). They have transformed the area in which I work...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

oh, very nice.....did try to find a pir switch to turn on under cupboard light for a new kitch but gave up....
had seen them on me travels but cant remember......
Be good to know, makes the job of lighting so much neater.....
any ideas....

Back