Woodworking magazines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nippychippy

Established Member
Reaction score
Could any one recommend some good woodworking magazines to subscribe too ones with hints and tips and jigs overal carpentry

Cheers
Robert :D

Like all magazines they seem to just go round in a circle with tips/ articles etc. So i would suggest looking through each one on a monthly basis, then just choose one which has the best set of articles/ interests for you that month. :)

Books are much better value.
Monthly mags don't make much sense in woodworking terms as there is nothing much new from month to month, other than the occasional gadget which nobody needs, and if you wanted a broad picture of woodwork you'd have to collect them for many years.

I'm a sucker for woodworking magazines and can't help subscribing to British Woodworker, Furniture & Cabinetmaker, and the American title Fine Woodworking.

Actually I should save my money and cancel the subscriptions, because if you take out the incessant articles on "build a router table" or "build a sawtable sled", then there really isn't that much of interest in any of them! But if I had to choose one, I'd say Furniture & Cabinetmaker is the best of them.

Nippychippy":2lye1x4k said:
Could any one recommend some good woodworking magazines to subscribe too ones with hints and tips and jigs overal carpentry

Cheers
Robert :D

I'd recommend your local library.

Books are good, free books are better!

BugBear

carlb40":t5cnx61y said:
Like all magazines they seem to just go round in a circle with tips/ articles etc. So i would suggest looking through each one on a monthly basis, then just choose one which has the best set of articles/ interests for you that month. :)

+ 1 for above.
You might find one you like of course, in which case problem solved either way! :D

Robert

Can you PM me your email please

Also check out Jigs and Tips on here, there are many really good jigs on the early pages.

Stew

Back