Woodworking & craft shows and events…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you find yourselves in South Norfolk this coming weekend I am hosting a vintage and collectable tool sale at my premises on Saturday 13th May 2023 from 9am to 1pm.
There are boxes and boxes of old tools in excellent condition that were collected by a friends late father during his life and they are all now looking for new homes.
Not only will there be tools but there will also be cake - lots of cake!
Would be great to see some of you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/601453898703744

WW-4 Nations 2560x1168 banner.png

We're holding our fourth Woodturning Weekender in Heywood, Greater Manchester, on 5-6 August this year.
Full details at www.woodturningweekender.co.uk

Timber Sale.jpg

Timber Sale

Pay and take away deals on a wide range of dry hardwoods, exotic timbers and veneers including Swiss Pear, Burr Oak, Padauk, Ripple Sycamore, Burr Elm, Pau Rosa, Maple, Wenge, Cherry, Teak, 1/4 Sawn Oak, Walnut, Ash, Sapele, African Blackwood, Steamed Beech, Lacewood, Anigre, Elm, East African Cherry and many more. In addition, we will be selling off Furniture School items such as tools and benches (sorry, cash only for Furniture School sales).
IMG_4497.jpeg
IMG_4498.jpeg
IMG_4505.jpeg

Wood Workers Workshop Tool Show

We will also be holding an in-house tool show where visitors can enjoy live demonstrations throughout the day, free parking and refreshments, expert advice, as well as show offers on a range of exclusive brands. It’s also a great opportunity to check out some new products and try before you buy.

To find out more click here

When

Saturday 10th June 2023, from 10am to 3pm

Where
The Threshing Barn, Welland Road,
Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire WR8 0SN​

Harrogate Show 2023.jpg

The North of England Woodworking & Power Tool Show

Affectionately known as the 'Harrogate Show' – is the longest-established, highest-attended retail woodworking event in the country.

Visitors see many of the top demonstrators who will be in action throughout each day in the five ‘mini’ theatres, plus various hand tools, power tools, carving, turning and furniture-making demonstrations on the stands, plus over 80 companies exhibiting on trade stands.

The 'Harrogate Show' really is a great day out for all! This year's event takes place from 10-12 November in Hall 1 of the Great Yorkshire Showground!​

Show offer!​

Join Wood Workers Workshop at stand 33 to get 5% OFF the retail price on brands including Armor Tool, Bow, FastCap, iGaging, INCRA, JessEm, Milescraft, Woodpeckers and our own brand AUKTools. A great opportunity to check out new products and try them before you buy. Join us for live demonstrations from Master Craftsman Peter Sefton and the team.​

I was there on Friday morning/ lunchtime. Plenty to see and buy.
But I found it was painfully overcrowded. Maybe not too many people but no where near enough space?
I suppose this is a good problem as it shows the level of interest in woodworking - I wonder how the official attendance figures are. I never attended pre COVID so have nothing to compare to.
Looking forward to next year - in a bigger space!

Just returned after a long weekend at Harrogate, Friday was the busiest day (always is) Saturday was steady and Sunday was very quiet. Sunday is always the slow day with around 1/3 of the visitors compared to Friday. Good to see customers, meet up with friends and look at new kit, I came away with a Camvac for my router table.

Cheers

Peter

I had a good time Saturday and thought it was back to pre-covid, @Peter Sefton I didn't say hello as you were very busy every time I went past!
I find it strange how far Trend have pivoted to CNC at these shows, surely they should have more of the Hobbyist stuff there?!?
Saw some good demos, I think I'd like to see more but I'm not sure what if that makes sense (demos or stands)!
Still came away having spent more than I was going to but everything was 'an offer' and I prefer seeing people rather than just a website, also the chance to touch and feel - and in the case of the texturing tool I bought try before I bought is always a deal sealer!

Regards

Padster

I went to Newark on Friday. Thought it was very busy and quite a poor relation to Harrogate. Some good turning demonstrators

I went yesterday, and it is always smaller than harrogate. Bought quite a few bowl blanks, met the 2 nice folk from Joblings, watched a good demo from Andrew Hall turning. Not much else took my eye. It was nice to have a good drive out in sunshine too.

Back