Quantcast

Woodwork on TV

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone could recommend a TV channel that regulary shows woodworking? Doesn't have to be a Uk channel. Thanks :mrgreen:

McGill

Established Member
Reaction score
Discovery Shed have 'Smith and Sweetman Workshop' starting daily on the 16th August, along with the cringe-worthy 'Wood Wizard' series 2 on the 15th I think.

Then there's Good Ol' Norm and his 'New Yankee Workshop' on Wednesday nights at 10pm.

http://www.discoveryuk.com/tv-guide/?ty ... ilter=1800 - click on the All Shows drop-down.

(Just noticed 'The Workshop That John Built' starting on Monday too - I guess that'll be John Revell presenting.)

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Utube there is plenty and if you have a modern Humax recorder it connects to the internet and utube wirelessly.

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
devonwoody":3byarqdu said:
Utube there is plenty and if you have a modern Humax recorder it connects to the internet and utube wirelessly.
dw,
That's v interesting - Does it have to be a very modern humax, or will an older model connect ?
Cheers
Greg

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
gregmcateer":3repu67k said:
devonwoody":3repu67k said:
dw,
That's v interesting - Does it have to be a very modern humax, or will an older model connect ?
Cheers
Greg
I think its a recent innovation, I could be wrong so check with Humax at their web support page.

With virgin broadband the connection is OK (its fast) you need a differnt humax model for Sky, dont know about BT

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Look no further than the University of North Carolina TV on US PBS - for the one-of-kind Roy Underhill who has been presenting his personal take on hand woodwork for 31 years - six series, each of 13 half hour episodes are available to watch for free on-line here: http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/video/3100/index.html

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, I would think U-tube is the best bet as the ones on Discovery must be around 20 years old now and still being repeated! :roll: