Woodstar Products

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi - i've got the PT85 and have to say I wouldn't buy it again.

it's incredibly noisy in a really nasty kind of way and the fence I have found unuseable as it flexes so am going to build my own one when I get time which you shouldn't really have to do

there is also nothing you can adjust on it - so forget all the articles and vids on how to set up a planer thicknesser - there is nothing you can do to set it up - it's either right or it's not - apart from the knives of course

having said all that it does seem about right and does plane stuff flat enough for me - I do get a lot of snipe with it as well

but in that price range I think they are all the same machine in different guises essentially and I couldn't really find any alternative approach that didn't involve spending more than I wanted to commit to a hobby I might not stick with

the company that distributes them, NMA, were pretty good on the customer care aspect though, not up to axminster standards but, nonetheless pretty good.

hope that helps

As far as the bandsaw is concerned the AWHBs350n is currently reduced to the same price, for a greater capacity with good reviews. I've been given the go-ahead to get one in the next few weeks seeing as SWMBO is getting a new kitchen and bathroom :roll:

I don't have any of the above - but did purchase their router table; with the router contained within. really really really noisy and the rear fence is a bit plastically - but at the time I needed something in a hurry - that said it has performed well.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... minium-tab

I have yet to look, but I do wonder if I can swap the router out!

Back