Woodford

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DADO?

Just a quiet guess...
Welcome to the real world!

Noel

Good stuff Charley

I have one of those D**o things :-$. Excellent option.

I do agree however they really need to sort their site out. When you get the details of the 806 up these are the first 2 lines !!!!!

10" Cabinet Saw 3HP 1PH

FEATURES - 12" Professional Cabinet Saw

Enjoy

Jeff

Hi Charley,
it is still showing the bandsaw I am interested in as a pair of roller stands as it has been said it does not inspire confidence.

Rosco ( Chris ).

Alf":1iwc5j7g said:
I suppose you're going to get a you-know-what to go with it too?
What me? After all the years of posting on UK forums? With the fact of just mentioning the word (or sometimes just thinking it) brings 5 pages of debate? I'm scared to just mention dado in a PM in case it kicks something off :lol: .............. Well yes, I am planning too it'll be rude not to try it once but only when I have a overhead guard in place.

We've all heard the horror stories from using a dado but I've also read horror stories from people who have injured themselves/lost fingers using, jointers, nail guns, biscuit jointers,etc which I consider safe (if used correctly). I’ll only use one if I feel it's right, if I don't feel safe when using it, I'll throw away the chippers and hey presto - two rather expensive saw blades :roll: Well I've convinced my self anyway :lol:

I don't like to think of my self as a 'complete' Norm fan (i.e hand tool = tailed router). I love to use real handtools when ever skill and health allows but..... I,I.,I had to order the Norm (or should it now be Philly?) starter kit.... :oops: http://www.smoothingplane.com/misc/01.jpg

Rosco":1iwc5j7g said:
Hi Charley,
it is still showing the bandsaw I am interested in as a pair of roller stands as it has been said it does not inspire confidence.
Next time I speak to Roy (Woodford) I'll mention the site, drop a hint or two :p It might just be they are getting enough orders via the phone/shop they just don't bother with the site? A website is still a big part of a company even if they don't take orders via it IMO.

Horror stories about using a stacked dado? Ok, anything sharp (and whirly) needs respect but I can't remember ever seeing a horror story about a dado. Plenty of gory pictures and tales of blood on the US boards about regular TS accidents but can't recall any using a dado. Not saying there aren't out there but........
Just a lot of tosh propagated by non-believers, meat powered merchants and narrow eyed conformist woodworkers.....
Anyway, more importantly, Charley well done, you've finally found the motorway heading to Damascus and seen the big bright light.
No doubt we shall hear about your experiences, look forward to a full report.

Noel, not related to Dr Paisley

Charley,
Well done,Sir! :lol:
To be honest, Charley and I have had the odd secretive email back and forth.... :twisted: And who said I can't keep a secret?? :lol:
Don't forget to arrange for a couple of well built mates to come round just as the pallet turns up-250 kg is pretttttttty heavy! :twisted:
Cheers
CastIronPhilly :norm:

I don't know about anyone else but when I looked at the woodford site I was a bit dismayed to see the price hike on the xcaliber tablesaws. The one I've been looking at (the 804) has gone from £378 plus vat to £516 plus vat. It's starting to get to the point where I might not be able to afford one of these :evil:

I contacted Woodford and asked about the price increase and they said its down to cost of raw materials to the suppliers. Out of the goodness of their hearts they allowed me under the wire and I've now bought the 804 at the old price. :eek:ccasion5: \:D/ =D> =D> Roll on the 25th May when the saws are due in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on yer Woodford
Drew

Back