Woodford P/T ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10" model looks almost identical to the Axminster AW106PT that several members are very happy with (as am I). Yes, the specs. are virtually identical and it looks almost the same, give or take the position of the switch. My machine only has a single feed-speed though, which leaves an excellent finish (as long as the knives are still sharp!).

As I said in another thread recently, it's an excellent machine and I'd advise anyone to save an extra £100 or so instead of going for anything cheaper - you get an awful lot more for your money. :)

Hi Brian,

I have the 12" version and it's a superb bit of kit: very solid, heavy and robust. The tables are very nicely flat and smoothly ground. Conversion from planer to thicknesser is quick (although swinging the tables over is best done slowly as they are b**** heavy !) Dust extraction, though not perfect, is better than most.

The finish from the four-knife cutter block is excellent. As it is a 3hp machine, I have mine on a 30 amp circuit, but I would guess that the smaller, 10" model would be OK on a standard 13 amp plug.

HTH

Paul

Back