wooden pallets update (pics now etc)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greek Enigma

Established Member
Reaction score
ok i made a thread earlier thought ide follow it up
ok the mold thing doesnt show up in my pics only on 1 pic you can see it good
also you lot are going to laugh at what ive done,
(remember ive never worked with wood in my life lol)
like i said plumbing etc is more my thing anyway heres my pics of the cabinet/tv unit and the start of outside utility shelfs

the wood looks okay to me

and i wouldnt knock your work - everyone starts out like that and for a beginer its okay (for ages when i first joined my signature was "if its not round i can only make it with screws and glue")

just hang arround here, and on the other forums, and you'll learn loads - then a few years down the line you'll have and empty wallet, hairless arms, and a workshop full of shiny tools - and you'll be giving advice like this to people who are just starting out. :)

Seconded!
When I was a hard-up student I made several bookcases with wood from skips - cut planks to length with a handsaw, "joint" by drilling little holes through the uprights then knocking nails into the ends of the shelves. Sand down the worst of the rough spots, put some white paint on the edges that show.

They survived several house moves before they were upgraded!

am i building the utility shelves correct? (as im doing it my way,have no guides :()
anyway they need to take a bit of weight and i want them 62inch height
but the wood is roughly 32inch height, is their a way i can put the two bits of wood together to make 62?(i thought of a way but cnt describe it ill have to build and show

Latest posts

Back