Wooden Moulding Planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomatwark

Established Member
Reaction score
About to have a bit of a clear out to raise funds for a new saw bench and while I have an idea of the value of most of the stuff that is going on ebay, I have some wooden moulding planes of various shapes and sizes to sell.

What are the makers to look out for on them so I can list them to get as much as possible for them.

Thanks

Tom

There's a good for sale section here, which won't pocket 10% of your price!
As a broad generalisation, value - if based on collectability - is higher if a plane is old or rare, and condition counts too.

Common hollows and rounds from the nineteenth century go for £2 -£8 each. A bit more for an unusual pattern.

If eighteenth century, £10 - 30 unless very rare or unusual. (For example, anything with two blades will be higher.) Big complex profiles go for £20 - £40

With common planes sold singly, the limiting factor is often the postage - which can equal the price of the plane.

If you want more detail (or offers) let's see some pictures.

Thanks Andy

I was going to give the guys on here a chance first anyway.

I will sort them out there are between 40and 50 and let the forum have a look.

I am needing a better saw and selling off the things I have acquired and not used over the years is they way to help fund it.

Tom

Latest posts

Back