Wooden floor paint - any recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wouldchuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I am looking to paint the floor in my narrowboat and need some recommendations on what to use. It is 18mm marine ply which has previously been given a dark stain and possibly a varnish, but there is now a long worn strip down the centre and it all looks a little dark, dismal and in need of a spruce up.

I am looking for a navy blue coloured paint (to match tiles etc) and wondered if anyone has any experience of brands which they could recommend.

I want a good hardwearing finish and I naturally thought oil-based would be best, but I think these are harder to come across now.

Are the water based paints as robust? They do have the benefit of drying far, far quicker.

If anyone has used either oil or water based brands, from a range which may include a dark blue colour, then I'd be really grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

I'm sure Richard S of this parish will be able to advise. If he doesn't respond on to your post, then try sending him a pm.

I have had good results with a Dulux Satinwood on my Hillyard but the cabin floor doesn't have too much in the way of through footfall.

Back