Paint remover (for concrete floor)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noho12C

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a concrete floor on the garage/workshop which I painted with heavy duty polyurethane floor paint. In order to make the place a bit more cozy/welcoming, i plan to install some underlay and plastic tiles.
However, it looks like some moisture is going through the concrete and paint, and i have what i believe is a bit of mould in some spots.

Before installing anything on the floor, i want to put some liquid DPM. But I need to remove the paint beforehand. Anyone has a paint remover to recommend that would work on the polyurethane ? I dont feel like grinder the whole garage...

Thank !
Chris.

You could try sourcing a product that can be applied directly to the painted floor but if none are suitable then I found these questions on google which may help . Usuall safety ppe when useing chemicals ..

Edit

Attachments

• IMG_2321.png
    IMG_2321.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2320.png
    IMG_2320.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 0
If the paint you want to remove is permeable to moisture coming upwards, how will it know to be impermeable to the liquid DPM going downwards?

Sloshing paint remover around is not going to reduce the work. You will need to brush/scrape the floor to remove the softened material, so what is the saving?

thanks for the feedback. to be fair, i'd like to avoid methylene chloride. quite a nasty thing.
I think i'll end up using a grinder, as i will need to remove some old concrete spill overs here and there.

Back