Wooden Castle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Weegie

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning on building a wooden castle for my son.

The castle will be for his toy knights and other figures.

Does anybody know of any websites where it would give me ideas.
I have googled looking for ideas but nothing has been helpful.

I am thinking of using 6mm Ply and MDF

Thanks

Have a look Here depending on the plan i may have it in my collection or i may have one in my toy books if you are interested?

I made one up for my sons - 4 towers, one in each corner, and a 'double tower' with gateway in it for the entrance. I put in a portcullis but it just slots into the entrance and lifts straight out - no clever mechanism for raising and lowering. I also put on a drawbridge but it soon got snapped off :roll: So long as it has crenellations thats all my boys were worried about :D

Best tip I can offer - cut all the parts flat, then clamp them together and do the crenellations together either on a router table or the tablesaw. I used 6mm birch ply for mine.

I would post a photo but I am currently on hols so its 250 miles away - sorry!

Steve.

Thanks for the info guys.

Majorlarf. I do like the look of that Norman castle. Cheers. That has given me a few ideas.

Stevie B. I mucked about with off cuts of ply last night to see what was the best way to cut the crenellations. Used jigsaw, absolute pants. Will need to try the table saw. Cheers.
When you come back from your holiday you will need to show me the castle that you made.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Thanks.

The Weegie":13yp4c3o said:
I mucked about with off cuts of ply last night to see what was the best way to cut the crenellations. Used jigsaw, absolute pants.

You need a Leigh Crenellation jig and some new router cutters.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, this is the first time the playroom has been clear enough of toys to snap a pic of the castle! #its a bit 'played with' so ignore the paint job - apparently it makes a good base for cars to be stored in and an alien den for Ben10 to fight aliens in as well :roll:

castle1small.jpg

Tower in each corner, simple span between with a ledge to stand the knights on.

castle2small.jpg

Top view showing how the portcullis just drops into a pair of runners through a slot in the top of the gatehouse.

HTH,

Steve.

That is a great looking, well played with castle.

An update. The wife went out and bought my son one of these.

http://www.thebigtoponline.com/georgie-s-castle-p2362

:twisted: :twisted:
Not out of that shop right enough.

She said that she got 35% off the retail price.

My son loves it will not stop playing with it.

I am still going to build him one though. My only concern is that when he looks at the one that I have built compared to the bought one he will not play with it. :D

Back