Wooden anniversary present?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Giles

The biggest tool in the box
Reaction score
I've left it too late to make anything and unbeknown to me until just now when I looked it up, the 5th anniversary pressie is traditionally wood.

So an opportunity to make something for the wife missed, to be honest I've got too much building and farm work on at the moment and several machines in bits.

But I still need to get her a pressie by next Thursday. Any suggestions? After all it is mainly a wood working forum :) I may even buy something a member has made (hammer)

Cheers
Andy

Thanks Marcros :)

Lovely box and truffles is a nice idea she would love it. but I need to buy not make. I don't have the time at the moment. I have plasterers coming in next weekend and I still have wiring, plumbing and bits of studwork to do so this weekend is a write off and I work away 3 days a week so three evenings out of the window :(

A nice big wooden laundry stirrer, so she can hit you with it for forgetting.
But you need to get her into the habit of not expecting anything.
I had been married only a couple years and i brought home a rose in a flower pot for her, just because I could. Her question was instant. "what have you been up to?"
That was the last present she got. I told her to go buy her own in future. Its worked well for the last 46 years.

Sunnybob, you old romantic you :lol:

No worries Marcros , best suggestion I've had so far :wink:

Well she has given me my present early. A large box of turning blanks :)

I still have the keyway to cut for the motor pulley so the lathe isn't available otherwise I would use one to make her something. Besides as said, no time at the moment.

So I think I may do as Marcros suggested and buy buy a box and put chockies and things in. There's loads on eBay, some ok, some rubbish and some terrible. Nothing has hit me yet as perfect but I'll keep looking.

Needs to be delivered by Thursday too.

How about a couple of sketches of something she might like ? Then she could choose which one she'd like you to make.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Take her Glamping in one of them log cabins for the weekend, it's made from wood, there must be somewhere in your local area that does it, or take her to a restaurant where they serve food on wooden platters, wooden goblets and a bottle of bubbly,

thanks for the ideas guys. I went for an old simple box off ebay which I shall load with chocs and maybe something else.

Cheers
Andy

Back