wood worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymar

Established Member
Reaction score
When cutting a cutout for a 1 & 1/2 sink is it better to cut for each bowl or treat them as one? I tried to get a local firm to cut it but they didn't want to do such a small job, they wanted to fit my whole kitchen

Thank you. I was disappointed not to get a template but I am thnking of making one.
Jaymar

Usually you can just flip the sink, position it ,draw round it then cut 10mm inside the line. Be careful as some, if not most sinks need round corners in the cut out. If cut square the sink might not cover

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

chippy1970":3et4enh9 said:
Usually you can just flip the sink, position it ,draw round it the cut 10mm inside the line. Be careful as some, if not most sinks need round corners in the cut out. If cut square the sink might not cover

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

As above but i use masking tape to draw the pencil line on and also save the marks sometimes shown on the nice new worktop that a jigsaw can leave behind.
Regards Rodders

another option is to draw around sink on mdf then play around with it until you get a shape you like, jigsaw it out sand the edges and then use a bearing guided router bit, to copy onto the worktop.

you could also make up circle cutting jg for the router to make the sides perfectly circular.

adidat

Back