Wood Rivers ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanna talk about these instead Blister? They just arrived on Tuesday.

QuangshengLAJack.gif

Vann":3fsz3xxn said:
What sets the IBC cap iron apart from all others are the two little tabs that allow an unmodified yoke to adjust a thicker cutting iron.

Or you could "do a jarviser" and save money...

post188593.html?hilit= cap iron DOWN#p188593

If you already have all the kit...

BugBear

I'm happy to do something along those lines, at 3.3 kilos it's a bit of a lump for everyone to go passing around though.

Perhaps an elected volunteer could do a review for everyone's benefit?

ohh ohh, pick me, pick me :D :D :D

Really want one of these but absolutely skint at the moment :cry: hope the overtime kicks in again soon

matthewwh":2cz3ly2e said:
I'm happy to do something along those lines, at 3.3 kilos it's a bit of a lump for everyone to go passing around though.

Mathew

If no one else comes along , I would be happy to do a review ( Independent ) 8)

matthewwh":lzbcphx4 said:

Be nice if you could find someone who has access to at least one of the other three, rather than an opinion in a vacuum. Looks good though - I assume it takes after the Stanley/LN in having a 2" iron?

Hi Alf,

Yes it is a 2", I'm not sure if the irons are interchangeable with any of t'others yet, but I grabbed a few extra just incase anyone wants to use different cambers etc.

I was going to suggest Blister - seeing as it's his thread and all, and also I'm going to be demonstrating them at the Peter Sefton Furniture School open day in Upton on Severn on the 9th of July which is right on Tim's doorstep.

I do take your point about having something to compare them with, which would make for a more meaningful review. Not sure whether you have any experience of the others Blister???

matthewwh":1p9ai6kn said:
Hi Alf,

Yes it is a 2", I'm not sure if the irons are interchangeable with any of t'others yet, but I grabbed a few extra just incase anyone wants to use different cambers etc.

I was going to suggest Blister - seeing as it's his thread and all, and also I'm going to be demonstrating them at the Peter Sefton Furniture School open day in Upton on Severn on the 9th of July which is right on Tim's doorstep.

I do take your point about having something to compare them with, which would make for a more meaningful review. Not sure whether you have any experience of the others Blister???

Hi Matthew

I don't have any of the others so could only pass comment on this one , If anyone else has then please let the do a comparison rather than a review :wink:

How about Peter Sefton review it then?

He's experienced and fair it seems I'd say?

Sounds fair to me, and he mentioned using an LN 62 so he has some experience of at least one other to compare it to.

Everyone happy for me to ask Peter?

sounds good

any more details on this open day anywhere? I'd have to drag along the rug rats but wouldn't mind a sniff about. I could even chip in with a second opinion

Hi Tim,

The open day is on Saturday the 9th of July at the School. It's about a mile out of Upton upon Severn on the Welland Road, full details here.

There are some more details about the day's activities on my blog here.

I'll give Peter a call if he hasn't already seen the thread and ask him if he would be kind enough to share his thoughts with the forum.

tim burr":30ntatiy said:
sounds good

any more details on this open day anywhere? I'd have to drag along the rug rats but wouldn't mind a sniff about. I could even chip in with a second opinion

Hi Tim

Open Day is on Saturday 9th July here, from 10am to 4pm - you are welcome to bring your kids along and I will post an order of play on the "Woodworking Events" forum, as well as on here. Hope to get the details finalised with all the demonstrators tomorrow.

Cheers Peter

matthewwh":gj72sgfr said:
Hi Tim,

The open day is on Saturday the 9th of July at the School. It's about a mile out of Upton upon Severn on the Welland Road, full details here.

There are some more details about the day's activities on my blog here.

I'll give Peter a call if he hasn't already seen the thread and ask him if he would be kind enough to share his thoughts with the forum.

Hi Matthew

Sorry I missed your phone call - I would be happy to review the 62, but I do not have any others in my workshop to compare it with although I have used a student’s 62 in the last couple of weeks. I do not own a 62 so I may be seen as a sceptic but I will be open minded.

Looks like you will be bringing one along to my open day on 9th July, which I will add into my hand planing wood demo on the day. As some of you may be aware I am hosting this year’s Woodturning Bash (there is a thread on the Woodturning/Lathes Forum called Worcestershire Bash – 3rd September) and we could do a “No 62 Bench Plane Battle” at my open day if you like, where you are all more than welcome to bring your 62’s along for a group review (if your Quangsheng is up for the challenge :lol: ). Just a suggestion …

Cheers Peter

Back