wisa twin plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used it quite a lot (do you mean the spruce core- birch faced ply?)
It is ok,used it for laminated furniture and carcassing and carrcass backs.
When sanded you do seem to get ridges in the birch veneer.
Last sheet I bought was over £40, as I can get Birch ply for around £50 (18mm) i would try and stretch the budget to get the better quality.

Hope this helps

Davi

Wisa Twin is a good product. used it on a kitchen project (backboard for a kitchen breakfast bar) although BB ply is a better product.

Where do you get BB ply for £50...............is this for a single one off sheet or multi buy discount price??

I certainly would use Wisa Twin again there wasn't as many layers as birch ply but the finished surface was as good and in my mind a better colour if it was to be seen, if it is to be covered then Wisa Twin wins every time. 18mm Birch ply is £60+ round here.

Andy

andersonec":2ol61p7x said:
I certainly would use Wisa Twin again there wasn't as many layers as birch ply but the finished surface was as good and in my mind a better colour if it was to be seen, if it is to be covered then Wisa Twin wins every time. 18mm Birch ply is £60+ round here.

Andy

Is that price with the VAT??

Bluekingfisher":2j0g5ohs said:
andersonec":2j0g5ohs said:

Andy

Including.

Andy

andersonec":qp4js5d0 said:
Bluekingfisher":qp4js5d0 said:
andersonec":qp4js5d0 said:

Andy

Including.

Andy

Here in Huntingdon.

£68.76 for 18mm incl VAT

£50.01 for 12mm incl VAT

£39.36 for 6.5mm incl VAT

This is a cash price rather than account and for one sheet only, perhaps the price is somewhat cheaper with an account and when bulk purchasing.

Sadly for a hobbyist not an option.

Latest posts

Back