WIP Under Stairs cupboards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All sprayed and ready to go. Worked till 9.00 pm a 12 hour day to hit the target of ready for Tuesday, hope the London end hit their targets.

All+sprayed+ready+to+go.jpg

No they had not, plus when arrived there were carpet layers working on the staircase. Another late finish of 9.00 pm with packing up and the journey back to Sussex. Had no time for a final photo’. Looks the same as unpainted except cleaner, whiter and brighter.

I did post earlier that I agree with your comments but I had bought them and fixed them so it was a Fait et complete

The saga goes on. This week end I visited my son and heir (to assist with decorations) and found he was turning the second door to open inwards and making a real ball of cotton of it. I had to rescue the situation which entailed an amount of patching and splicing. I will post pictures when I have sorted them out.

I have sorted out the photo’s taken last week in re fixing the hinges on the inside face of the second door. This was done by cutting the thin strip at the rear of the hinge with a fine Japanese saw and using a Stanley knife carefully parting it from the door attacking it from both sides. Prior to this a gauge mark was made on the back face. The Stanley knife did not intentionally go right through leaving the use of a chisel to carefully part this strip from the door. The resultant strip was turned round, glued and left over night to cure before re-fixing the hinge, a bit of light sanding with a touch up of paint.

reverse+hinges.jpg

Hinges+re+aligned.jpg

Latest posts

Back