WIP: Double Bed Headboard (Completed 03/04/09)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you've done a cracking job with the finish! Very well done. :)

Now, on to your next project...! :D

Thanks for the comments, and I hope who ever's read this topic has enjoyed it and maybe taken something from it. Not sure when my next project will start, but I do want to make a cabinet with some panelled doors, however an MDF fitted wardrobes looks more likley to be next. :roll:

;Nice job.

Actually I have got a headboard on my to do list.

Looking at your cutting list/plan (second photo at the start of this thread), I note you have four battens fitted below the headboard pattern.

Are these what are used to hold the headboard to the divan?

I also assume you are taking the outside frame to floor level to create more stability?

Yes the 4 battens are what I have used to attach the headboard to the divan. And the frame does go down to floor level. After having it attached to the bed for a few days now, it is still very stable, fiuxed and secure to the bed.

Excellent work Sim. Really enjoyed following the progress on this one.
Your patience and dedication have payed off with a lovely end product. Good on ya mate.

Thanks Joiner Sim for your reply, although I am thinking of cheating at the moment.
Buy a veneered door and secure it to the wall, :wink: sounds an easy project might be the way for me to go.

Anyone tried that?

Back