Winter draws on!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
The met Office are saying that we are in for a milder winter than of recent years.
Now where did I leave that snow shovel?

Roy.

I suppose there's always a chance that they might get it right occasionally Dick. Fingers crossed!

Roy.

I'd heard it was going to be a severe one!

Bear in mind they said in late August or September that today was the last good day till November, it's now rain all the way. Then a week or two later we had that lovely warm and clear week. Morons

Well they are supposed to have a new 'super computer', perhaps they need some new 'super programmers?'

Roy.

Or to stick their heads out of the window and look around, maybe wet their finger and stick it in the air

We've got some of the best autumn colours I have seen down here in the S.W. It must have something to do with that frost we had last weekend.

We also DW but no frost, in fact we still have tender Fuschias out doors.

Roy.

Had a couple of very frosty nights last week here in rural Mid Wales. Yesterday was wet, then it blew a gale and we had a beautiful cold clear night, and today is a lovely warm (15 C) sunny day :D

Dunno what winter will bring - but I expect there will be some snow, although maybe not until next year (Jan/Feb). I don't expect the Met office will get it right until the day before :lol:

DW wrote
We've got some of the best autumn colours I have seen down here in the S.W. It must have something to do with that frost we had last weekend.
Yes DW the colours do look very nice this year.Took these few piccys earlier this morning.
We had a good frost earlier in the week,and a couple a few weeks back.

-1.jpg

-13.jpg

-12.jpg
[/quote]

Mid Wales is beautiful Kym but it can be cold in winter of course, me, I'm right of the coast of Cardigan bay, mild it but can be very windy!

Roy.

hi, i think you will find the met office charges farmers for weather forcasts, so they are unlikly to give much away on tv or radio thats very accurate, not like in the states where its free, we are stuffed royally by everyone in this island,jb.

Latest posts

Back