Windsor rocking chair course recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morfa

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a Windsor chair (preferable a rocking chair) making course some time in the Autumn this year. October/November time ideally. Happy to travel anywhere in the UK, but if the course is near/in Wales that'd be ideal. Most courses seem to be a week long, so that's the length I'm looking for. I don't mind if it's a green woodworking chair either. I'm probably at the 'advanced' beginner level, but I have a fairly full toolkit if that's useful.

Are there any forumites who run such courses?

Anyone got any recommendations?

I think Waka went on one but he doesn't post much nowadays - you could try PMing?
Or a search on the forum might find his report?

Rod

Yeah, I did know about Waka's report. Just wondering if there's anyone else.

Hello,

I always fancied doing a course with James Murcell, the set up there looks great and I particularly like American Windsors, which he does as well as English designs. The reason I haven't done a course; I work in a school so obviously can only do school holidays, of which there are plenty, so I thought I could be accommodated. No, his wife is a teacher, so he never runs courses during school holidays! It would be my choice if I ever get the chance though.

Mike.

Back