Wild fires in BC Canada.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All part of the problem under consideration. No doubt big changes on the way, e.g. radical changes in personal transport just a detail... etc
The point is, there are no viable alternatives and might I add, a God given resource to use.

You may not share my belief with that but you can't argue us humans are pretty good inventing stuff, a viable substitute to oil isn't there, there's absolutely no debate to that.

Last edited:
Yes it's everybody else's fault. Make a note for the book.
What do you think of Sunak's granting of coal and oil licences? This could make a chapter!
Brilliant, and not before time. Why import stuff we need and will continue needing that we could produce ourselves with less pollution and less export of money?

Brilliant, and not before time. Why import stuff we need and will continue needing that we could produce ourselves with less pollution and less export of money?
You have missed the point - we are supposed to ceasing use altogether.

Are you willing to completely sacrifice the current standard of living you enjoy for you and your children for this ideology?
Not willing at all, but if we don't do something about it it will be forced upon us whether we like it or not. Ideology has nothing to do with it.
I certainly am not and don't subscribe to the world is ending mentality.
Tell that to the people currently afflicted by unprecedented floods, high temperatures, fires, drought, famine etc.
https://jacobin.com/2023/09/refugee-law-climate-change-economic-impacts-cold-war-asylumhttps://www.rescue.org/uk/article/10-countries-risk-climate-disasterhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58073295

Last edited:
Not willing at all, but if we don't do something about it it will be forced upon us whether we like it or not. Ideology has nothing to do with it.

Tell that to the people currently afflicted by unprecedented floods, high temperatures, fires, drought, famine etc.
https://jacobin.com/2023/09/refugee-law-climate-change-economic-impacts-cold-war-asylumhttps://www.rescue.org/uk/article/10-countries-risk-climate-disasterhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58073295
Then sorting out their own CO2 production and getting organised for net zero might be a healthy start! But they won’t, don’t and can’t and instead we get do gooders winging about how unfair it is.

Then sorting out their own CO2 production and getting organised for net zero might be a healthy start! But they won’t, don’t and can’t and instead we get do gooders winging about how unfair it is.
You have missed the point again.
At least you seem to have recognised the need for net zero, now that you are blaming other people for not getting it and do gooders for whinging about it, so that's progress!
But there's more to these things than just identifying people to blame.

Last edited:
But this is my point Jacob, all this just stop oil nonsense but there's absolutely nothing to back it up, absolutely no suggestions of what will replace it on a mass scale and nothing of intelligence from those who protest about it.

You aren't willing to sacrifice your way of life but are ok shouting at everyone preaching doom and telling us all how we are wrong but yet, as with everyone is this argument, there's no suggestion as to what the alternative can be because let's face it, if we stopped oil as many demand, there will be global crisis with many people dying, much more so than the earth "burning up"

Are suggesting the power of prayer?

Yes and pretty good at destroying our own environment in the process.
I wasn't suggesting the power of prayer although I do believe in it's power, I was simply meaning I believe in God and that the resources that are on this earth were made to be used. Have we abused it? Yes. Should we use them? Yes.

But as I said, you may not share my belief and that's ok.

I wasn't suggesting the power of prayer although I do believe in it's power, I was simply meaning I believe in God and that the resources that are on this earth were made to be used. Have we abused it? Yes. Should we use them? Yes.

You believe we should continue to abuse God given resources? :unsure:

But this is my point Jacob, all this just stop oil nonsense but there's absolutely nothing to back it up, absolutely no suggestions of what will replace it on a mass scale and nothing of intelligence from those who protest about it.
Have you not heard of "sustainable" energy sources? Wind, solar, hydro etc? Not to mention "nuclear"?

I cannot understand your reasoning - you openly admit that we are abusing the planet, then go on to advise more of the same. How do you think your god would feel about that? I suspect he would be disappointed that his experiment in granting us free will has failed so dismally...

Have you not heard of "sustainable" energy sources? Wind, solar, hydro etc? Not to mention "nuclear"?
All cannot be used without oil to make those firms of power generation!

How many barrels of oil in a wind turbine blade - lots!
How much coke in the smelting of steel for the turbine pillar or the reinforced concrete for a hydro scheme.

Just stop oil doesn't add up!

All cannot be used without oil to make those firms of power generation!
How many barrels of oil in a wind turbine blade - lots!
But an astronomically reduced carbon footprint compared to generating electricity by burning the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back