Wild fires in BC Canada.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deema, you seem to be citing a caricature of a set of policies rather than a set that actually exists. Can't see the point in that myself, best stick to looking closely at the policies and then carefully offer criticisms of them. Otherwise, it just sounds like a rant.

Deema, you seem to be citing a caricature of a set of policies rather than a set that actually exists. Can't see the point in that myself, best stick to looking closely at the policies and then carefully offer criticisms of them. Otherwise, it just sounds like a rant.
Try reading the policies that I’ve linked, I can point to each policy that would initiate every single scenario I’ve made and would be the only inevitable outcome if they were implimented. You have to read the policy and then consider what enacting it will cause. They don’t hide their philosophy in any jargon, it’s very clear and well written making it easy to understand.

I take it that the bit about land you're referring to is this: – "People may have rights over the use of land but this should not give unconditional ownership or control of it."

Unconditional sounds fair - if you bu66er it up wilfully, then it should be taken from you.

On population: "The Green Party holds that the number of children people have should be a matter of free choice."

Personally, I think it should be limited to two - there are way too many people on the planet, so I would, should I ever get to be the Great Controller, go further than the green Party.

On migration, they want a fair system - who wouldn't? If you want to limit migration, try making things better for people in their homeland.

A society that lets us vote in the way we like is good, I agree with you on that - I just hope enough of us vote for the greens!

Tye following are the Greens policy on population control

PP124 To provide a comprehensive, free family planning service, available to everyone, in convenient high-street locations, funded by a separate budget within the NHS. This will include information, facilities and the materials necessary for people to plan their families.

PP125 To ensure that condoms are supplied free on demand from chemists and at a subsidised price from machines in public places.

PP126 To support research into new methods of contraception.

Migration
PP111 The Green Party has a liberal migration policy and wants greater global justice and equality, so people who migrate can do so on the basis of choice, not economic hardship. Where migration patterns increase or decrease population levels it is essential that social, economic and environmental pressures are mitigated in such a way which fully respects the rights of migrants and existing local populations.

MG100 The Green Party wants to see a world without borders, until this happens the Green Party will implement a fair and humane system of managed immigration where people can move if they wish to do so.

RA 600. Legal Aid will be provided to all applicants at all stages of the process, funded at a level such as to permit lawyers to undertake all work demanded by the particular case.

RA 601 All applicants will be provided with accommodation and financial support, as required, from the date of their application. Financial support will be at the level of Universal Basic Income if it is in force, or at a similar level if not (adjusted if utilities and taxes are included with accommodation). Applicants will be able to access the same range of services as someone granted leave to remain.

RA 602 Families seeking protection will be accommodated in a house or flat with exclusive use and without overcrowding. Single applicants may be accommodated in houses of multiple occupation but they will each have their own room

Land
LD302 The holder of a land title (steward), will have responsibilities for stewarding land for the “common good” (PB451, MG201) which will be reasonable and clear. Advice and financial help will be available (see LD502 and FA204 and FA300). Stewardship will be transferred with ownership and they cannot be separated. This will primarily affect large pieces of land rather than private gardens.

I rest my case.

PP124 To provide a comprehensive, free family planning service, available to everyone, in convenient high-street locations, funded by a separate budget within the NHS. This will include information, facilities and the materials necessary for people to plan their families.

PP125 To ensure that condoms are supplied free on demand from chemists and at a subsidised price from machines in public places.

Migration
PP111 The Green Party has a liberal migration policy and wants greater global justice and equality, so people who migrate can do so on the basis of choice, not economic hardship. Where migration patterns increase or decrease population levels it is essential that social, economic and environmental pressures are mitigated in such a way which fully respects the rights of migrants and existing local populations.

MG100 The Green Party wants to see a world without borders, until this happens the Green Party will implement a fair and humane system of managed immigration where people can move if they wish to do so.

RA 600. Legal Aid will be provided to all applicants at all stages of the process, funded at a level such as to permit lawyers to undertake all work demanded by the particular case.

RA 601 All applicants will be provided with accommodation and financial support, as required, from the date of their application. Financial support will be at the level of Universal Basic Income if it is in force, or at a similar level if not (adjusted if utilities and taxes are included with accommodation). Applicants will be able to access the same range of services as someone granted leave to remain.

RA 602 Families seeking protection will be accommodated in a house or flat with exclusive use and without overcrowding. Single applicants may be accommodated in houses of multiple occupation but they will each have their own room

Land
LD302 The holder of a land title (steward), will have responsibilities for stewarding land for the “common good” (PB451, MG201) which will be reasonable and clear. Advice and financial help will be available (see LD502 and FA204 and FA300). Stewardship will be transferred with ownership and they cannot be separated. This will primarily affect large pieces of land rather than private gardens.

I rest my case.
Thank you for making my case so well for me!

He stood for election not long ago. Several people voted for him.
I was a "paper" candidate in a local election as we wanted someone in every constituency, win or lose.
I got the largest number of votes ever for a Labour candidate in that ward. I admit - mainly because there had never been a Labour candidate there before. And I got more than my grandson whose was doing the same thing in another tory seat!

Completely the opposite of the truth. You do seem to be confused about a lot of things Deema. Ypu need to read more and check your facts more often
https://ourworldindata.org/land-use... is also true,for cereals, potatoes or beans.
You forget or choose to ignore the famine caused by collectivisation of farms under communism? Thats where the state decided what could be grown and how much of what should be grown. That ended well for millions……China followed and also starving to death millions too. North Korea is struggling with population starvation today, but dont let that get in the way saving the planet.
We evolved to be omnivores , we would have multiple stomachs and different teeth if we supposed to be vegetarians. Now, whilst I’m tucking into a good stake that ensured that a male cow could have some life I take my hat off to you dinning on your greens.

Migration

Land

I rest my case.
That's not a case, that's a copy and paste.

Thank you for making my case so well for me!
Well, that’s lost the catholic votes and according to Islam children are a gift, so that’s another group who won’t be voting for it.
The greens state they want to reduce the population, so yes, one or two child families maximum. Back to China and their experience……not good, not good at all!

That's not a case, that's a copy and paste.
Yes a copy and paste of the Greens policy. Not changed a word of it. You can’t argue it’s not the case, it’s absolutely their policy.

You forget or choose to ignore the famine caused by collectivisation of farms under communism?
What's that got to do with it? Nobody is proposing to repeat the appalling failed experiments of Soviet Russia or China.
Nor we hope the British policies which led to the famine in Ireland.
I guess you have never heard of it - here's a link for you, some extra home-work, you've got a lot to catch up on, feel free to ask questions if there's anything else you don't understand. :ROFLMAO: Great Famine (Ireland) - Wikipedia

Well, that’s lost the catholic votes and according to Islam children are a gift, so that’s another group who won’t be voting for it.
The greens state they want to reduce the population, so yes, one or two child families maximum. Back to China and their experience……not good, not good at all!
Just because condoms are free, doesn't mean you'd be compelled to use them.

Nowhere is it said that collective farming would be mandated.

Horses (for instance) are vegetarian and only have one stomach, as do most vegetarian animals - I think you're confusing being vegetarian with being a ruminant. All ruminants are vegetarian, but not all vegetarians are ruminants.

What's that got to do with it? Nobody is proposing to repeat the appalling failed experiments of Soviet Russia or China.
Nor we hope the British policies which led to the famine in Ireland.
I guess you have never heard of it - here's a link for you, some extra home-work, you've got a lot to catch up on, feel free to ask questions if there's anything else you don't understand. :ROFLMAO: Great Famine (Ireland) - Wikipedia
The Greens are, their very policy is to determine what land is used for, for government to have control over what land can and cannot be used for.

The Greens are, their very policy is to determine what land is used for, for government to have control over what land can and cannot be used for.
You're reading what you want it to say, not what it actually says:

Land

You're reading what you want it to say, not what it actually says:

Land
Nope, what is says is that the Government will determine what land can be used for. Thats what ’responsibilities for stewardship’ mean; the government determines what the stewardship responsibilities are. The term for the common good is to enable the Government to state what land is used for, for the good of everyone. They can dictate exactly what the land is used for under this policy.

Nope, what is says is that the Government will determine what land can be used for. Thats what ’responsibilities for stewardship’ mean; the government determines what the stewardship responsibilities are. The term for the common good is to enable the Government to state what land is used for, for the good of everyone. They can dictate exactly what the land is used for under this policy.
Banging my head against a brick wall here, aren't I? That is not what it means and I'm sure most people can grasp that. You're obviously a lost cause, so I shall think no more about it and away for my bath. I bid you goodnight and a greener day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back