Why I Will Never Have a Girlfriend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there you have it, my friends—finally, a cogent, scientific, non-self-deprecating argument

Hmm, I would take exception to the scientific part certainly. It also makes the assumption that traits such as beauty and intelligence are normally distributed, and artificially assumes that +/- 1SD or 2SD is an acceptable cutoff for the extremes of such traits. Quite apart from the fact that these measures will vary depending on the viewer (you and I may consider different things as beauty or intelligence) and that the average of a population variable should be a suitable baseline, rather than 1SD above or below your own position on a notional normal distribution, the author has no actual measure of standard deviation or variance for the population in question. Erm.... am I taking this a little too literally :wink:

Sounds more like beer talking to me. If you consider your partner to be 1 in a million, there are 60 people who are exactly like them in Britain alone :?

Steve.

Why I Will Never Have a Girlfriend
The possible answes would probably only be: because I don't like girls, chose not to, because I'm dead, life imprisoned, be dead considered

For the content of the page I'm with Steve

I was 28 DW, took me a little longer to find someone who would put up with me!

Roy.

His argument falls down when he starts analysing the proportion of females that he might find attractive.

In my experience this proportion increases in direct relation to one's own age and to the amount of alcohol you have consumed.

A sober 18 year-old might find 5% of females attractive.

A drunk 48 year old could be tempted by up to 80%! :lol:

Q. What's the difference between a dog and a fox?

A. About 6 pints!

Dan

Latest posts

Back