Who do you follow on YouTube?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find I have a finely tuned bullshit detector. If I feel like the presenter is hiding something or is being cagey about ads and sponsors it puts me off.

There are two instant no-gos for me. first, the guy with stuff in his shop that's not being used, especially if it's coordinated like a sponsor trying to get all of their wares displayed.

Second, look below the video either for sponsored content, extreme e-begging or amazon links to all kinds of nonsense. Or any links to websites selling stuff - if you click on a link and it says "redir" or "token", as my english friend here says "that person is an ___hole".

that will eliminate almost everything, but it's sort of like watching news that doesn't have anything to do with your life - it's a false sense that there's something useful you'd get from it in the first place.

There are two instant no-gos for me. first, the guy with stuff in his shop that's not being used, especially if it's coordinated like a sponsor trying to get all of their wares displayed.

Second, look below the video either for sponsored content, extreme e-begging or amazon links to all kinds of nonsense. Or any links to websites selling stuff - if you click on a link and it says "redir" or "token", as my english friend here says "that person is an ___hole".

that will eliminate almost everything, but it's sort of like watching news that doesn't have anything to do with your life - it's a false sense that there's something useful you'd get from it in the first place.
Yes I agree that a shop full of carefully positioned Dewalt/Makita/Festool etc. all of which look brand new is off putting and I often click away from these. Like most, I have stuck with one or two brands of cordless (in my case Dewalt and Ryobi with Dewalt adapter) just to save on batteries, but some of these Youtubers are just blatantly plugging sponsors. That's why I prefer the honesty of those such as @petermillard; but you can still gain some snippets of useful tips from some of the others as long as you can put up with a little of the sponsorship nonsense.

Latest posts

Back