White worktops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be adding a large new section to a doctor's dispensary around Easter.

Because its part of an existing setup, I need to match the materials as closely as possible. This presents no problem except that I need to put in a couple of lengths of white worksurface. Total length is c 4.5m and needs to be 40mm thick.

Trouble is I can't seem to find any. Eden's my usual supplier don't do it and because its effectively only one worksurface length its not worth a special order. The existing ones have a post formed edge and I'm assuming are a PVC or similar ie they aren't smooth laminate.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Gav - no I hadn't got that far really - can't help think that they will be a lot more expensive through them than going to the larger sheet material suppliers. It doesn't need to be lab standard ie its used for dishing out pills, not making them.

BTW - can't access that site - or its parent.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

I guess they might be more expensive, presumably someone's manufacturing them for them and its cutting out the middle man that would be key to price.

I looked in an old wickes catalogue out of interest, they had white in 28mm, not sure if they do it in 40mm though.

The link still works for me, I'm using IE so I don't know if the site is browser dependent.

Gav

Thanks David - I'll get on to them tomorrow.

Gav - I'll try IE - I'm in Firefox at the mo.

Cheers

Tim

Gibbs & Dandy a builders merchant not sure if they have a local branch near you but they do white worktops.

Back