which spindle moulder, sedgwick?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter99

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All.
I'm looking for a second hand spindle moulder. I have 3 phase so can go for a well looked after older machine (single phase ok too). I'm thinking of maybe a sedgwick as the table isn't too big space wise and not a very large footprint as some of the Wadkin et al are).

Any one any advice on that size of machine also what spindle size should I be looking for on one?

Would you go for a new machine instead (generally think they're a bit tinny).

Thanks for any replies
Peter

Hi Peter I have a Sedgwick SM4 and find it to be a very capable machine and will do fine furniture work as well as heavy joinery type work easily

Alcove-20.jpg

Mine is 3phase and was about 6 years old when I bought it and had hardly been used, It cost me about £900 and I bought the powerfeed new. The two tone blue ones are the newer models and the green ones are older.

Mine has a 1 1/4inch spindle and havent had any problems with tooling but if i was buying new I would go for a 30mm spindle but 1 1/4 inch is not really a problem as you can use top hats if you get a 30mm spindle in the future.

Jon

Back