Which saw???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Since selling my Unisaw,i think i still need a smaller Table saw,something that won't take as much room up in the workshop,that will be easily moved about,so will need a mobile base,and have been looking at the saws below.
So just thought i would ask for your expert oppinions.
I have asked already for comments on the SIP saw and did look at it at the Yandles show,but it wasn't set up correctly and put me off it,in particular the fence.
The one that fits all i need is the Record,but i believe this to be a new one out.
So if you don't mind.
this

this

And,
this

Paul.J.

Can't vouch for the others but I've got the SIP 01332 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw. It's fantastic. A rock solid lump. Dead accurate, quiet and easy to use. The rip fence is 1 of the best features. Easy to set and stays where you put it.
The only 2 negatives are the crown guard dust extraction is a waste of time and the box standard mitre gauge is poor. I have it on the Axminster mobile base and it's easy to move around yet drop it down and it's a dead weight. Highly recommend it.

Paul

Don't know about the rest, but the Axminster is quite a bit better than the SIP and one hell of a saw

Tony wrote
but the Axminster is quite a bit better than the SIP and one hell of a saw
Would this be the same saw as what Devonwoody as recently purchased :shock:
Paul.J.

John McM":2l83pw7p said:
Can't vouch for the others but I've got the SIP 01332 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw. It's fantastic. A rock solid lump. Dead accurate, quiet and easy to use. The rip fence is 1 of the best features. Easy to set and stays where you put it.
The only 2 negatives are the crown guard dust extraction is a waste of time and the box standard mitre gauge is poor. I have it on the Axminster mobile base and it's easy to move around yet drop it down and it's a dead weight. Highly recommend it.

Same here, everything that John McM says above.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Paul.J":21zaapa0 said:
Tony wrote
but the Axminster is quite a bit better than the SIP and one hell of a saw
Would this be the same saw as what Devonwoody as recently purchased :shock:
Paul.J.

DWs thread on the saw ? :roll: there was really nothing wrong with it :roll: (3 lemons?)

I and many others have this saw and find it superb - better than the SIP (better fence rail and cabinet) and even better than several Xcalibres I've seen in fact.

Just to clear things.Do you mean
this oneTony.
Problem with this is i don't think i have the room for the sliding carriage,which is optional on the SIP.
The saw will have to fit in place with nothing sticking out from it,because the car goes away each night.
Looks good though.
Paul.J.

Paul.J":1k1nkulb said:
Just to clear things.Do you mean
this oneTony.
Problem with this is i don't think i have the room for the sliding carriage,which is optional on the SIP.
The saw will have to fit in place with nothing sticking out from it,because the car goes away each night.
Looks good though.
Paul.J.

I sold the sliding carriage for £150 to an SIP owner :wink:

Having looked at the SIP and the Axi at length, the Axi is considerably better in my opinion - hence my purchase decision.

Tony.
Looking at the Axminster saw without the carriage,do you have much table left on the left hand side.

LN wrote
Wonder what they charge for delivery though?

Just phoned them and it's £45.00,but they are going to contact SIP to see if they can do it any cheaper.
Same price at Yandles but £35.00 delivery.
Paul.J.

Paul.J":1vpxzdya said:
Tony.
Looking at the Axminster saw without the carriage,do you have much table left on the left hand side.

Paul.J.
It comes with two cast iron side tables that can be bolted on either side. I mounted one on either side and have around 450mm (from memory) to the left of the blade and around 650mm to the right

Tablesaw-medium.jpg

Well folks i've finally got my table saw sorted,and again i got another call out of the blue :shock:
I was just about to go and buy,well look at the SIP saw,a recon,when a friend of a friend of a friend asked if i would be interested in the saw pictured below.
Having owned one of these before my Unisaw i jumped at the chance.
Just can't believe that i am now the proud owner of another Delta Contractor Saw :D :D :D
This suits me a lot better now,and is easier to move about the shop.

This is how it came.

And assembled :D

Paul.J.

Nice one Paul. You just have to get the Osboune now and you will be all set up again :lol: I am well pleased for you, it looks a great piece of kit, and as you say it is more suited to your needs then the Uni.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Paul

That looks v. nice.

I did look into those a few years back, but they were a tad expensive - the guy who imported them had Delta switch over the motors to 230v/50Hz. Needless to say, this bumped the price up a fair bit.

Do you mind me asking how much? I'm budgeting for a new saw next year, and that contractor saw looks the right size etc. That wheel kit is certainly looks a great addition - easily stored against a side wall when not needed.

Also, can it still take a dado head cutter?

Cheers

Karl

MikeC wrote
You just have to get the Osboune now
Thanks Mike.It is on order :D

Karrley wrote
Do you mind me asking how much?
No not at all Karl.
It was £700.00.A little over what i wanted to pay for another saw,hence the options i was looking at, but managed to for this i'm glad to say :D
It does have the 50hz motor,and will take a full set of Dados :D and originally came from the chap in Devon who used to import them,and sell them for £1200.00.
I still have a cheaper set of Dados that will do me for now.
The one Woodford sells is similar.Which was in my options.

Paul.J.

Nice one paul. I wish somebody would leave a pallet like that outside my house. :wink:

Dave

Paul.J":360r0fec said:
MikeC wrote
You just have to get the Osboune now
Thanks Mike.It is on order :D

Karrley wrote
Do you mind me asking how much?
No not at all Karl.
It was £700.00.A little over what i wanted to pay for another saw,hence the options i was looking at, but managed to for this i'm glad to say :D
It does have the 50hz motor,and will take a full set of Dados :D and originally came from the chap in Devon who used to import them,and sell them for £1200.00.
I still have a cheaper set of Dados that will do me for now.
The one Woodford sells is similar.Which was in my options.

Paul.J.

Paul

The guy in Devon - that was where I originally enquired. But pockets weren't deep enough for £1,200. But £700 - I think you've dropped onto a bit of a bargain. Luck git...... :lol:

Oh well, looks like i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. But if you ever fancy selling it, i've got £500 waiting for you :lol:

Cheers

Karl

Back