which saw is the best

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone know which saw is the best for woodworking

Axminster AW12BSB2 315mm Saw Bench with Sliding Table

or

SIP 01332 10" Heavy Duty Cast Iron Table Saw

or

Scheppach TS2500ci

The first two are almost identical but the Axminster one is much better value for money. Not sure about the last one but I have the SIP one and its great.

some people get very sensitive about SIP for some reason but I have the Axminster and think you get more for your money.

Have a look at Charnwood/ Fox/ Poolewood/ Rutlands for any "alikes" of these two which you may get for less.

p.s. I noticed you want a 12" axy but a 10" sip?

Yep I have the 12" SIP although without the sliding table, best piece of kit I ever bought IMHO. I can't compare it with the others though as I haven't used them. It does need a 16 amp feed though. :D

I had the 10" sip and was suitablly impressed, the prices have gone up quite a bit since then so they aren't as good value as they were, but I think you would be happy with either, they are very similarly capable machines.

Like Mailee I have the SIP 12" model and have found it to a very good saw. I also have the sliding table to go with it.

I did a review here but unfortunately the photo's have gone.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/long ... hlight=sip

If you need any help with this model do not hesitate to ask me anything.

The only thing I would say is that if you really want the sliding table, unless you can get the 12" SIP for around 1000 or 1100 pounds then you would be better off going for the Axminster because compared to the price of the SIP you basically get the sliding table and rear extension for free.

Can anyone confirm that the 12" Axminster is as good a quality as their 10"?

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back