Which router for table use?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, whats everybodys thoughts on the best router for table use?.I am using a router lift so adjustment from above is not a problem.
I think my main priority is going to be power,at the moment I'm using a makita 3612 without the variable speed which is rated at 1600w.
I cant help thinking once I start using larger panel raising cutters I'm going to be struggling.
Thanks
Chris

I think the general consensus is that the Triton and Trend routers are the best in a table. A variable speed is a necessity when using panel raising cutters as they need to be run at a lower speed. Do a search for "best router" on the forum, I'm sure you will find recommendations.

I've been quite happy with the Freud FT2000VCE, as have several other members. The DeWalt DW625 model is also a popular choice.

I guess you could also try looking out for second-hand models on eBay?

I have the Makita 3612CX (variable speed) and find it to be an excellent router for freehand use. Can only manage it's a good one for use under a table also.

Another vote for the Triton, can't comment on how long it will last as I've not had mine long enough (seems properly screwed together though!!), but for under the table features it's spot on.

I particularly like the auto spindle lock as it makes changing bits a doddle!

Si

Back