which router for a table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graycbr

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
Which router for a router table would you get ?
Missus is getting me a router table from rutlands :)
So after a new router just for the table only must be 1/2" as all my router bits are this size ..
Any input or views would be helpful

I have a Trend T11 which gives sterling service. Has built in over and under table height adjustment and lots of grunt.
It is fitted to a Rutland table which was not a good choice with hindsight (poor quality).

Bill

i have 3 Tritons now, 99% of my router work is done with Tables & i find them fantastic, im gradually building up such a collection that i have a different router for each type of cut im doing :) will be building a new router table to house 4 of them next month.

I have the Triton, it's great in a table. Have to say mine has gummed up on the slides somehow and is a pain to set the height on now. I'm sure it'll be fine once I've taken it to bits to clean it, but I suspect it's caused by fine dust sitting on the top of the slide legs once it's upside down on the table.

Sorry to go against everyone else, but the two Tritons I own have so much chuck runout they are rendered useless, I now have a Hitachi MV2 in my table, in a UKJ router lift, transformed my use of the UKJ table, a bit like Silverline I will not buy anything Triton again.

Mike

MikeJhn":1z9zsqqo said:
Sorry to go against everyone else, but the two Tritons I own have so much chuck runout they are rendered useless, I now have a Hitachi MV2 in my table, in a UKJ router lift, transformed my use of the UKJ table, a bit like Silverline I will not buy anything Triton again.

Mike

Chuck runout ? More info plz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graycbr":vkrq8ahs said:
MikeJhn":vkrq8ahs said:

Mike

Chuck runout ? More info plz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chuck wobbles from side to side/front to back when using anything bigger than a 1/2" dia bit, the run out is such that the piece being machined has wave marks all the way along its length, and no I am not taking too much off in one pass.

Mike

MikeJhn":2k0b9ud2 said:
The Chuck wobbles from side to side/front to back when using anything bigger than a 1/2" dia bit, the run out is such that the piece being machined has wave marks all the way along its length, and no I am not taking too much off in one pass.
Mike
I've made many doors with my Triton using huge stile and rail bits and raised panel cutters, no issues at all.

pcb1962":2yx8enop said:
MikeJhn":2yx8enop said:
Mike
I've made many doors with my Triton using huge stile and rail bits and raised panel cutters, no issues at all.
Nor me. Mine has had quite a hard life and still performs as it did when new, no sign of any play.

I am very pleased that the tolerance on your Triton routers is better than mine, but as I said mine is now not used for anything that requires any detail work, the Hitachi is much better in that respect.

Mike

MikeJhn":3umjvcyy said:
I am very pleased that the tolerance on your Triton routers is better than mine, but as I said mine is now not used for anything that requires any detail work, the Hitachi is much better in that respect.

Mike

When you say "mine is now not used" does that refer to the both you stated in your first post? Are you talking about the MOF001 or the TRA001?

We went over this quite some time ago, but your router is clearly faulty and should have been sent back under warranty for repair, or if it's always been that way, sent back for exchange when you first realised it wasn't up to par.

I actually said "mine is not not used for any detail work" I have accepted the fact that Triton routers are a budget buy and are not up to my expected standards.

Mike

paulrockliffe":x4gvzkio said:
I have the Triton, it's great in a table. Have to say mine has gummed up on the slides somehow and is a pain to set the height on now. I'm sure it'll be fine once I've taken it to bits to clean it, but I suspect it's caused by fine dust sitting on the top of the slide legs once it's upside down on the table.

i find i have to do a yearly clean out of mine. not a big job, i have had a couple of switch mech issues in mine too as they get full of debris from being upside down as well, so every so often i cant turn mine on, so i have to clean that out.

forces my hand to give the whole machine a service, not a bad thing.

MikeJhn":b6acbqf6 said:
I actually said "mine is not not used for any detail work" I have accepted the fact that Triton routers are a budget buy and are not up to my expected standards.

Mike

You have previously said "my triton now gathers dust in a corner of the workshop".

Which ones do you have, and which one(s) are faulty?

MikeJhn":3p279kbu said:

Mike
:?: really?

Latest posts

Back