Which Norris ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrit":llqpwt85 said:
Don't you find it interesting how tradesmen were once more than happy to modify tools to meet an end? Scrit
Alf":llqpwt85 said:
I must confess to having had the heebie-jeebies about doing it myself until coming under Rob's evil influence, and I do still pause for thought before starting. Our antipodean cousins don't seem to have a problem with it though.
And it is looked upon poorly here by and large--except as Scrit notes, by tradesmen.

Me--I'll modify something in a heartbeat. Beats buying another purpose-made widget even if it were available. Or fix something that came not quite right? Oh yeah. :lol:

Take care, Mike

MikeW":2w6sg86w said:
Or fix something that came not quite right? Oh yeah. :lol:
Of you have any Stanleys then you must have been a very busy man indeed! I'm in accord with Patrick Leech that Stanley produced a veritable cornicopia of boat anchors to part the tradesman from his cash.

Scrit

David

You've had a feast of information from the experts. Now I may be able to add a crumb of interest from an amateur.

Way back at the beginning of this thread you mentioned a "circlip type logo" under the name of Thos, Ibbotson & Co. I think you'll find the trademark is in fact a stirrup.

Regards.

Back