which morticer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the Record is er...... how shall I put it......rubbish! So pick anything else really. :lol:

Hi Selly, I have the AW16BM, it's on offer at the moment, a very good deal, the head angles to 45 left and right and it will also do over the bench morticing, it has certainly helped ME this weekend, building the carcass for a greenhouse.

Regards,

Rich.

I have the Record RPM75 and find it is fine for me. Have to admit the fence if you can call it that is the pants but have made a better one for it and it works fine. I can mortice timber up to 6" in height and that is enough for me. Has served me well for a number of years now. :wink:

I have the Axminster and it's fine, easy to set up, accurate in use. Ultimately limited by the depth of cut, but you'll have very few jobs that it can't cope with. I discounted the Record fairly early on when making my choice, supposed to have great build quality but much lower on features than the competitors.

A friend at work is selling her late Dad's Multico PM12 for any reasonable offer, can pass on your details if you're interested

I have the Axminster bmst. Had to play around with it to get the back fence to be square to the sliding table, but it now works fine as long as you don't try to use it like a Sedgwick.

You'll get better and more accurate mortises with a router, all you'll need to do is to square out the ends, so it does take a bit more time. I had a similar machine :x to those in the links and got rid of it years ago - Rob

Back