Which disk sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinken

Established Member
Reaction score
I briefly had a slightly different Axminster sander last year (no longer stocked) before selling it on (only because I got a Hegner off eBay! :wink:). It was a very solid little machine. No vibration, very quiet when running and gave good results. Changing discs was a bit of a faff but, they're all like that, where you have to remove the table and lower guard. Don't remember there being a brake on my machine so, it would run on for 45 seconds after you switch off... Not that it's really that big a problem; you could always use a length of wood to slow it down! :)

No experience of the Draper or any of the other cheaper models (Rexon, Perform, etc.) but, I often find Axminster's stuff to of a slightly higher build quality.

Thanks mate for the imput mate hopefully this axminster model will be good too.

Anyone else got this particular model?

I've had the AX. 12DlMB for a few years and it's faultless IMO. :lol:
The one you are contemplating has a similar disc size, more powerful by a lot of watts (if the ad is correct) and massively cheaper, coupled with AX's service it's a no brainer 8)

John. B

Back