Which 2nd hand table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to update my original post "Most modern European Table Saws will not take a Dado blade" Antiquated ones may, but then check for overhead guards and under table extract, generally they don't have those either. :roll:

Mike

The i tech is looking quite promising but just wondered if there are any other (new) contenders around the £1000 or even a shade over - apart from the re branded same machines. I think the reason I'm stalling is I've had re branded tools in the past made in the far east and not been too impressed and ended up replacing them. £1000 is a lot of money to me (maybe not for a table saw though) so am treading carefully...
Appreciate all the opinions so far.

MikeJhn":2ax049rl said:
ScaredyCat":2ax049rl said:
Does it need to be 2nd hand?

This looks very nice https://www.scosarg.com/itech-01332-250mm-cast-iron-table-saw-bench and comes with 2 wings and it's under budget. There's also a couple of package deals with a table saw and dust extraction for just over £1k.

I often sit drooling over them, but I've no experience of the saw itself. I seem to remember someone here purchased one recently..

Wow cast iron table and cast iron extensions as well, sound like a bit of a bargain, especially from Scott and Sargent who I understand will honour any guarantee, I would go for it, rather than an unknown quantity in second hand.

Mike

I've had one of those for a couple of years, S & S far cheaper than SIP version although they supply SIP boxed accessories such as the wheel kit. A sliding table is available. 3 minor complaints - the T tracks needed a tickle to remove burrs and are slightly undersized (3/4") so slugs had to be filed a bit; even with 3HP extractor, there's always sawdust on the floor and the guard extraction needs shop vac; lastly, the mitre gauge is the usual OE sloppy fit. Overall I'm very happy with the saw.

P.S. When I complained about the mitre slots, S & S offered to exchange the saw but I couldn't be bothered packing it up so, they sent some T Track nuts and a free 80 tooth blade as compensation. Excellent service.

GrahamF":1fapxypw said:
MikeJhn":1fapxypw said:
ScaredyCat":1fapxypw said:
Does it need to be 2nd hand?

This looks very nice https://www.scosarg.com/itech-01332-250mm-cast-iron-table-saw-bench and comes with 2 wings and it's under budget. There's also a couple of package deals with a table saw and dust extraction for just over £1k.

I often sit drooling over them, but I've no experience of the saw itself. I seem to remember someone here purchased one recently..

Wow cast iron table and cast iron extensions as well, sound like a bit of a bargain, especially from Scott and Sargent who I understand will honour any guarantee, I would go for it, rather than an unknown quantity in second hand.

Mike

I've had one of those for a couple of years, S & S far cheaper than SIP version although they supply SIP boxed accessories such as the wheel kit. A sliding table is available. 3 minor complaints - the T tracks needed a tickle to remove burrs and are slightly undersized (3/4") so slugs had to be filed a bit; even with 3HP extractor, there's always sawdust on the floor and the guard extraction needs shop vac; lastly, the mitre gauge is the usual OE sloppy fit. Overall I'm very happy with the saw.

P.S. When I complained about the mitre slots, S & S offered to exchange the saw but I couldn't be bothered packing it up so, they sent some T Track nuts and a free 80 tooth blade as compensation. Excellent service.

Thanks, that's a helpful post.

Have a look at the Sedgwick LK on eBay, item no 292449776315, it will take Dado blades. I’d have Pm you, but I still can’t work how to do that with the new design of the forum, I don’t find it as intuitive as the previous version.

deema":3rt5a5d6 said:
Have a look at the Sedgwick LK on eBay, item no 292449776315, it will take Dado blades. I’d have Pm you, but I still can’t work how to do that with the new design of the forum, I don’t find it as intuitive as the previous version.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.... but its too late....Just got home from picking up a rojek saw and spindle moulder - ok I doubt it will take a dado blade. Not heard a great deal about rojek so time will tell if I made the right decision or not. It was within budget and 45mins from home.
Thanks for all the comments.

I am referring to the eBay mentioned in earlier post
The seller has no 'form'

No advice intended

I think Axminster used to be a main UK agent for Rojek. Made near Prague.

Cast tables and pretty solid machines.

deema":3bkd6n6e said:

Click on the Avatar picture if there is one and a box will appear with an envelop in the bottom right corner, you know what to do from there.

Mike

RobinBHM":216pj3l8 said:
I think Axminster used to be a main UK agent for Rojek. Made near Prague.

Cast tables and pretty solid machines.
It does feel a well put together machine and certainly heavy enough, so hopefully will serve me well.

Thanks fir the heads up on how to do messages, I’d never have thought of looking there!

Matt, interesting perception of a seller with zero feedback. The chap selling it is a friend, I’ve used the Saw and know it’s really nice good Saw.

deema":19r4a3a4 said:

Click on the persons avatar.
Click on the envelope icon.

Deema
You are promoting an item which is live on eBay
It belongs to your friend
Not usually permitted on this forum

Back