where's my drill?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disco_monkey79

Established Member
Reaction score
It can only be in the garage or the house, but I'm d@mned if I can find it. Anyone else have tools that move themselves around?

I wouldn't be so cross if the thing wasn't bright orange...

Brightly coloured tools were great when they first arrived.............

Buy now everything is fluorescent you can't find anything.

I spent all day looking for a 7 foot yellow spirit level....

Found it 2 weeks later.

I couldn't find my Makita plunge saw rails last week. It turns out someone nicked them when my shed was broken into before Christmas but I didn't realise it as I used to keep them under the stairs and only put them in the shed the day before. It's £192.80 to replace the whole lot from Axminster :(

Make sure your security is good otherwise the tools might disappear completely :(

Mark

Its somewhere safe that you will know where to find it of course.

I'm working on a theory that the dreaded sock eater that lurks in washing machines has siblings that live in other parts of our living areas.

I suspect it has a relative living in your workshop, along with the one that lives somewhere in my CD/DVD collection, and the one that eats money I stick in my wallet for safekeeping.

Left work early Saturday to go home and find keys for my bike rack. Searched everywhere with no success. Stuck in traffic the other day and looked down at car keys jingling away in the ignition.................... oh, that's where I put them :lol:

Always use to be my six inch steel rule that use to vanish. last time I counted I had 3- just incase like :???:

nicguthrie":tt7ujvfq said:
I'm working on a theory that the dreaded sock eater that lurks in washing machines has siblings that live in other parts of our living areas.

I think I've got one living in my tool boxes eating pry bars

I've got a big one that nicks my tools & puts them somewhere safe................................... it's called the wife, only she can never remember where that safe place is!!!

stevenw1963":2a1g1ncp said:
I've got a big one that nicks my tools & puts them somewhere safe................................... it's called the wife, only she can never remember where that safe place is!!!
+1 for that. or I've helped you tidy up by stacking everything you were working with into that box so you can carry it out into the shed. Except I can't lift the box and I have to spend a couple of hours sorting out all the drills, screws and tools to finish the job I was working on.

Still I can't complain realy, she does put up with all my projects and is a dab hand with the Danish oil.

Tape measures, pencils, small rulers often go missing and I have plenty of each.

It winds me up with tape measure though as I have one that I calibrate all the machines with so use it on projects aswell. When that goes missing I don't like using another just encase its a mm different.

Drills always going missing and I often find im sitting on the thing im looking for.

My lunch went missing the other day.

Then again my workshop was a morg in the old days.....

i glad i am not the only one who has little gremlin hiding stuff.

Don't forget the wire tangling gremlin. You lay all your wires neatly down back of tv, He comes along and ties them all together and tangles them up

They don't disappear or move! heres my theory.
Someone or something camouflages them.
I sometimes remember where I put something, that had previously been camouflaged; and sometimes it's usually where I thought it was, leading me to believe it was camouflaged.

Gary

I once lost my wife for nearly 4 hours in Dundee city centre :D a kind policeman reunited the two of us #-o . I have since tried on a few occassions to see if I could do it again [-o< and icrease the amount of time lost :wink: but have so far failed :-" :-" :-"

P.S. If I no longer take part in these forums in the future :shock: she has read this and taken appropriate action (hammer)

MARK.B.":162yh6p4 said:
I once lost my wife for nearly 4 hours in Dundee city centre :D a kind policeman reunited the two of us #-o . I have since tried on a few occassions to see if I could do it again [-o< and icrease the amount of time lost :wink: but have so far failed :-" :-" :-"

P.S. If I no longer take part in these forums in the future :shock: she has read this and taken appropriate action (hammer)

Should have taken the coppers collar number and reported him for police brutality!! :!:

Back