where to get turned posts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pond

Established Member
Reaction score
hi peeps,

Does anyone know if turned posts (for kitchen island units and similar decoration) are available 'off the shelf'?

If so where?

I have looked everywhere on 'tinternet but can only find local turners who will take bespoke commissions.

I don't have a problem with a 'man in his shed' making them for me, just thought there may be a more cost effective avenue.

PS I want them in white oak, not too bothered about pattern.

Thanks

pond

Just find a kitchen range that has oak posts and buy them, Woodfit have some in their ranges I think or consider using newel posts, Burbidge do them in oak but it may not be AWO.

Jason

Have a look at the beech table legs I have for sale under turned components in the for sale section - I know they are not oak but could these be cut and utilised??

Rog

Get in touch with Richard Findley on this board - very much not an beginner in this sort of stuff :)

Have a look in the turning section for his work.

Miles

Thanks for the replies,

I really want oak as I am going to great lengths to ensure everything matches exactly.

I will contact the chap on here when I am ready for them. Thank you all for the advice, it is much appreciated!

On another note, I am thinking of buying a Dakota router table from Rutlands as they are a good price and seem a quality product. Has anyone bought one? Are they any good?

Pond

I have the mentioned table and have been very happy with it. Basic but does a job well for the price. Only thing i have noticed the inserts within the insert (red & yellow) aren't the highest quality but at £100 its ok.

Back