Where to buy walnut stripwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virana

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all, just a quick question.

Does anyone know where I could buy walnut stripwood, the size I am looking for is ideally 20mm width, 1/2/3/4/5 mm thickness etc and lengths longer than 1 meter if possible.

It would ideally be on the lines of inlay wood so depth wouldn't need to be more than 5mm, however the 20mm width is more important.

Anyone know of online sellers or shops that would sell this?

Try ebay there are often sellers of offcuts that sell strip wood. Also the thinner stuff will be classed as constructional veneer so i'm sure some guys will be along with links to places that sell it. :)

Do you have access to a planer-thicknesser and rip saw because this would be quite easy to make yourself?

Grayo":1tftb5sl said:
I was reading a thread this afternoon and this guy seems to have everything to do with wood.

https://www.facebook.com/SawmillProducts

His name is Alex Wigley

Have a look at the thread here

interesting-oak-t77366.html

HTH

Graham

Alex is operating a small sawmill. He has a woodmiser, and 1-6mm x 20mm strip wood is not something that that machine can produce! It does make it economical to process small amounts of timber at a time hence why he can mill single trees quite easily.

Latest posts

Back