H-beam buying?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwed

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying so get a small length of H-beam girder. A meter ir 1.5m maybe. It's not for building or anything so I'm easy on sizes. I'm seeing some crazy prices for the stuff 2nd hand so I'm thinking it might pay to buy some new. Where would be the best place to buy it from online or locally in South Wales between Cardiff and Swansea ideally.

Trying so get a small length of H-beam girder. A meter ir 1.5m maybe. It's not for building or anything so I'm easy on sizes. I'm seeing some crazy prices for the stuff 2nd hand so I'm thinking it might pay to buy some new. Where would be the best place to buy it from online or locally in South Wales between Cardiff and Swansea ideally.
Try asking your local builders' merchant. It's not cheap.

You could try a demolition co, or a srap yard. When a builder wants a set length is it delivered that length? If not jobbing builders may have a bit left over.
Ian

If you were closer I'd invite you around to cut of what you want from some I have that were ordered too short after my builder mis-read my dimensions of a mitred joint... - I have maybe 6m lying in my garden of 152 x 89 x 4mm web + 4mm x 310 plate welded to enable it to span a 100mm cavity....

I’m in Cardiff and probably have a suitable piece that could trade for a charity donation. Has been outside so will have some surface rust etc

If you were closer I'd invite you around to cut of what you want from some I have that were ordered too short after my builder mis-read my dimensions of a mitred joint... - I have maybe 6m lying in my garden of 152 x 89 x 4mm web + 4mm x 310 plate welded to enable it to span a 100mm cavity....
A Lovely offer nevertheless 👍
6m of joy there 😁

Try your local scrapyard?

Back