Where to buy outdoor slab cushions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know somewhere that might sell just the cushions with covers ? Something like these
724f73233361a753aa1382d61a02a453.jpg

I quite fancy making some outdoor furniture but it's the cushions and covers I'm struggling with. Once I know sizes available I could go on and start making the framework.
Cheers
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No experience of them, but I've seen adverts for these people, who seem to make anything, and list weatherproof fabrics among the options:

http://www.cbscc.co.uk// - they mostly sell to people with caravans or boats, where outdoor cushions are also found.

Ideal thanks for that. I'll drop them an email to get an idea of costs.
Cheers

Coley

I believe you can make them yourself.. at least I know someone who made them when he couldn't find a place to buy them, they sell the foam needed for them on ebay/amazon and it's not that expensive.

I'm quite sure the cushions are made to measure, we sell a lot of garden furniture and often the cushions are optional, they offer them in lots of different fabrics and specific to each model. Sitefive is right, you can buy the foam and the fabric and make them yourself, or get them made; I would think any upholsterer could make them, but they won't be cheap.

I have made a few pieces of furniture which required cushions, and i found it better to get the foam cut to size but in various thicknesses to try out the most comfortable options. I never managed to get it right the first time, i often needed wedge shaped cushions for optimum comfort. Also remember foam comes in different densities which change the feel as you sit completely. Here in Spain the foam often has a thin covering of fibre glued to the sitting side to improve comfort.

The cover fabric is almost always Dralon which is UV resistant and easy to clean.

Thanks for the info guys ;) I've got some investigating to do ! I might try and make them reasonably comfortable without cushions then have them so they can be added later. Outside furniture seems fairly expensive for the few components needed !

Coley

I've usually bought Ikea cushions and made the furniture to fit those, if you're truly bespoke you can pull that off nicely.

Wuffles your suggestion was great !!
6b2e68e5a7b3da11551b54fc606d1121.jpg

I've tried taking photos of the actual bench but getting both colours exposed isn't happening. The sketchup picture might show a little more detail
e41d88ecedca558df65e3bef1c64aa80.jpg

I stixalled all the scaffold board pieces together. Pretty varnished to try and make em last a little longer
e681f74ac146d4847cb6eee7bdab83ef.jpg

71653756a9219f7486fc7b27131f80aa.jpg

Could do with sorting out some decking for the area now.
Thanks again for the suggestions [WINKING FACE]

Coley

Back