Where to buy Bottle opener discs in UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont live in a gifty area, but if you find them cheap then have an excuse why you are buying 20 Phallus shaped bottle openers and 10 sets of boobs... :lol:

Found some ! Well think I have from the pics, so ordered some the usa, need to see if they can be dismantled and usable.

They are keyring bottle openers but from one pic the opener part is screwed on, the size seems good and a better price than fromlinked sites.

Will report back when they arrive which could be anytime between 7 days and who knows :):)

John Brown":3i6m2jiz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbfPvfWWNxc
For some reason I can't stand that guy. Once watched a video of him "testing" an led chip, except there were resistors soldered onto the rear to cause failure. I think he was also putting 230v through a 12v led. Made as a joke i think but would put those who weren't aware off.

righty, they finally turned up, around a month from ordering, but that is china post for you!

first, this is what they are, keyring openers, cost around $14 for 6 including postage so worked out to i think £1.66 each or around £10.

xkin4jI.jpg

now the screw to hold them is TINY, even the smallest woodscrew i could find was far too large so dont know if you can even get a woodscrew to fit, but thats something to look at later.

the opener when removed is 31mm and the gap in the middle is 21mm at the widest hole point (for the cap to fit into), so a 33mm forstner and a 22mm forstner fits nicely.

the screw head is 3mm and the countersunk seems to be around 1/2mm, so A REALLY SMALL screw would be needed to make a nice fit.

the metal for the opener isnt the best, it is 1mm metal so adequate but without knowing tolerances i doubt it is suitable for long term use (it is only from a keyring anyway so expectations are that it wont be used that much and if it did break it wouldnt be something to cry over!)

so yes, it works, but you would need to find a more suitable screw for it (probably cost more than the keyring to find), and if you were going to sell it i would suspect this may not be that suitable unless it is for low cost items or novelties.

ignore the dire screw size, but you get the idea!

JwW2eZ0.jpg

and a link to where i got them from
http://www.dx.com/p/creative-portable-z ... ver-388878

why did i not see the post on the front page with the URL for the shop?

i may enquire after payday, €20 is a bit steep!

Homerjh":2sncp8xv said:
why did i not see the post on the front page with the URL for the shop?

i may enquire after payday, €20 is a bit steep!

You're not the only one with selective vision Homer, I didn't even see page 2 of the thread #-o

and i wouldn't have spent days trying to find it from china, just would have asked the Netherlands shop and bought one or 2!

i went with the american shop. cost me £35 for 5 with postage so I think I may have had the rough end. I will post up a pick of my openers when I have the design right.

Heres a quick pick of my Walnut Version

IMG_5916.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_5919.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5916.JPG
    IMG_5916.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_5917.JPG
    IMG_5917.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_5919.JPG
    IMG_5919.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 419
Looks good. I see that home of wood are advertising some "small blanks" that look ideal for these. Not sure of price or size.

Back