Where to buy Bottle opener discs in UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angell 62

Established Member
Reaction score
My Google-Fu has let me down and I am turning once again to the experts on here. Do any of you guys and gals know where I can buy these bottle opener parts from in the UK???

bottle-opener-disc.jpg

Thankyou in advance

J

Attachments

• bottle-opener-disc.jpg
    bottle-opener-disc.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,899
Thankyou Bob but its the pieces I want to make one of my own and maybe for a few friends.

I will keep hunting!

J

i think that you will struggle. the best that you may find is a penn state stockist who could add some to their next order.

Or import yourself.

mind_the_goat":ojlj91tz said:
With some basic metalwork tools you could make your own. Maybe some inspiration here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50LGBOYYXQ

I've had an old spanner set aside since Jimmy released this video, still haven't figured out exactly what to cut and where yet :? - was hoping he'd do a talkie version through Core77, just for me, 'cos I am slow.

Bm101":14g6bcn3 said:
Whats that drill bit thingamibob at 1.35? :shock:

Die grinder. Like an angle grinder without the angle. Vicious as f*ck they are, especially when poking them into holes and seeing what happens.

Had one wrap itself into my "welding" jacket the other day when I disrespected it briefly.

Wuffles":1pmn2gcw said:
Bm101":1pmn2gcw said:

Die grinder. Like an angle grinder without the angle. Vicious as f*ck they are, especially when poking them into holes and seeing what happens.

Had one wrap itself into my "welding" jacket the other day when I disrespected it briefly.
Great bits of kit, especially with good carbide bits (of which i need some). Agreed that they can be vicious.

Monkey Mark":224534gt said:
Wuffles":224534gt said:
Bm101":224534gt said:

Great bits of kit, especially with good carbide bits (of which i need some). Agreed that they can be vicious.

And agreed about them being great. Make even my welds acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I say "Hi" you say "Jack!!"

HI!!

lololol

That metal work video has some good ideas but really want to make a wooden piece. Ill have a look though at a 12 or 16mm Penny Washer and see whether I can make some of my own!

Thanks anyway guys.

And I am only joking please discuss away!!

J

looking on alibaba and the like only shows companies that will sell marketing type products (ie with a logo on).

i am really surprised to be honest as i expected this sort of thing would be out there, its a low cost item to produce so expected loads of them.

How many do you need? If it's a couple, then buy the cheapest, nastiest piece of gift tat from wherever with one of these installed in it and rip it out for your own use, if it's loads you need, buy loads of the cheapest, nastiest piece of gift tat from wherever instead.

Homerjh":2gqx0oke said:
the only one i have found is Rocker, but very pricey at £3.57 each, then postage on top http://www.rockler.com/rockler-inset-bottle-opener

I have used different terminology, and used a few different googling techniques but to no avail for what you want.

going to keep looking now as its annoying me!

Boom that will do nicely!!! Sorry my whimsical bottle openers are now annoying you though hahaha!!

I only wanted 3 or 4 and I got inspiration from a German Woodturner who put me intouch with his stockest but they are German based and their UK site is under construction so may just be patient haha. Really appreciate the hunting around though guys!

J

Wuffles":59ux51cn said:
How many do you need? If it's a couple, then buy the cheapest, nastiest piece of gift tat from wherever with one of these installed in it and rip it out for your own use, if it's loads you need, buy loads of the cheapest, nastiest piece of gift tat from wherever instead.

i was literally about to post that, need a walk to poundland to see what they have in during lunch..

Homerjh":gtwi31ob said:
give up!

nothing in any pound shops, and googling brought me to a shop but it is in german and appears not to have any english language available and even searching using the text on the images brings nothing back. screw and washer it is then!

http://german.alibaba.com/product-gs/st ... 67931.html

I saw them in my mind as more "gifty" than "pooundlandy".

Latest posts

Back