Where to buy a riving knife?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought an little old Multico rip saw that's missing a riving knife, does anyone know where you can buy them 'off of the shelf'?

I could have one punched or laser cut but i'm on a budget and only need it last me until I can afford something a little more substantial!

If not I may just cut one out of a bit of mild steel, will it be up to the job? any one want to talk me out of it? Is there anything i could butcher to make one?

Tommy.

Sounds like you've got another bargain, Tommy. :roll: Though, I'm frightened to ask whether it's also missing the crown guard... :? :wink:

I don't see why you can't make one, as long as it's thinner than the kerf but thicker than the plate of the blade. I'm pretty sure that Steve Maskery made a riving knife for his Xcalibur saw (...and a few crown guards! :D)

It's got a crown guard! Not that the chap who i bought if from ever used it. When I arrived he fired it up and ripped and then cross cut a gnarly damp old 2x4 by hand, no fence, crown guard or riving knife! I'm glad I took it away, if only to stop him doing that again!

Thanks for the link to Felder Jonny, I'll take a look.

Latest posts

Back