When routing housings in router table, what extraction works

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John McM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have the found the extraction on my home made router table is excellent when the bit is closely surrounded by the apperture in the fence. When cutting housings though , the bit is some distance from the fence and that method of extraction can't be used. Connecting the extractor to the router itself underneath the table doesn't work. The bit shoots the dust at some speed out of the housing and off the left hand side of the table. I've resorted to fitting the hose onto a large food container and clamping it to a roller stand off to the left of the table in the line of fire of the dust stream.

What does everybody else do? Any better ideas appreciated. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

John McM":1aphd7yc said:
What does everybody else do?

Cheers

Sweep up. :(

Not a lot I've found you can do about it as the waste is forced along the channel you're routing.

I screw the end of my extractor hose to the left hand side of the table facing upwards. You get some dust initially but as soon as the work reaches the hose it extracts pretty well all of the waste.

Back