When instances want to be unique!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, as a newbie I'm trying to learn the basics here however for some reason I can't find the "make unique" file. I right click and get the contents list but it doesn't show this option on the list, am I missing something simple?

Hi Spiderg, to have the "Make Unique" option displayed in the context menù you must meet two conditions before:

The first is that you created a component

The second is that you did at least a copy of that component, otherwise it would be unique compared to what?

Luca

Thank you, I knew it would be something simple. I'm just trying to understand the basics before venturing further however there's a lot to take in but I'm sure it will become simple with practise.

Thanks
Gerry

Shultzy":3ruviol2 said:
spiderg, are you right clicking on a component? Also you have to have a copy of an existing component before you can make one "unique".

Yes, of course you have to right click on the component you want to make unique.

If you want to know something more about components I'd suggest you this post:

http://www.sketchupwoodplans.com/2010/1 ... %99s-best/

Superb, this is amazing. Luca, I'll try not to bother you too much, I'll spend time watching the videos. One problem I have is finding the tools and menus but that's coming to me now.
Thanks for your help.

Gerry (hammer)

Back