Wheels for a table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

if my mind serves me correctly I recall something being mentioned about buying wheels from SIP that can attach directly to the feet on the bottom of the cabinet stand of a SIP 01332 10" table saw?

Anyone come across this?

Just wondering if this is cheaper than buying a mobile base.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I have the same kit for my 12" SIP. I think they cost about £45 (mine came with the saw).

You are right they do fit onto the cabinet legs. Two of them fit on the rear, and on the front of the saw you bolt on a steel plate, which attaches between the two legs, and onto this you bolt a hook.
The final part of the kit is a long metal bar with a T handle on one end and 2 wheels and (something like) a tow bar mounting on the other.
When you want to move the table you simply connect the hook to the mounting, press down and tow it along.

IMHO the only pain is the 2 legs on the rear which stick out a bit to far and if you are not careful you could trip over them. This will not be a problem if like me if have the rear extension table (or build a run off table) because then you would'nt be anywhere near them.

On the other hand the good thing about this kit is that it allows the table to sit on the floor when not in use, unlike some after market ones which because of the way they are fitted keep the machine off the floor and often allow it to move when you are feeding the timber into the blade.

All in all it is a good kit and is certainly worth the money.

I tried to include a photo of the kit but for some reason I cannot manage it. In fact for the last week I have been trying to upload some pictures for the review I am doing on my saw, but despite reading Adams thread it just does not work. Theres nothing wrong with the instructions, its just me. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mike

Rang SIP, they are very accomodating. Happily sending me a catalogue even though I'm not buying for trade. They can't sell them to me direct but gave me details of a supplier in Bradwell, Derbyshire. Company is Craft Supplies on 01433 622550, very helpful and willing to order it for me.

Many thanks to Mike for the pic below, published as promised. Thought it may be useful for future reference if anyoe comes across this thread.

SIPwheels.jpg

Hello Mike,

On the other hand the good thing about this kit is that it allows the table to sit on the floor when not in use, unlike some after market ones which because of the way they are fitted keep the machine off the floor and often allow it to move when you are feeding the timber into the blade.

I agree my jet base does just that and it is annoying. I might go in for one of these sip kits and see if I can modify it to fit my bandsaw.

What weight is your table saw? my bandsaw is around 150kg could it handle that weight? oh, and how far do those rear wheels stick out?

Esc.

Mike.C":tj2tdj1w said:
I tried to include a photo of the kit but for some reason I cannot manage it. In fact for the last week I have been trying to upload some pictures for the review I am doing on my saw, but despite reading Adams thread it just does not work. Theres nothing wrong with the instructions, its just me. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

Break the problem down into stages. First upload your photograph(s) to somewhere accessible via the web. Either your own website (most ISPs give some webspace) or an inage sharing site like fotopic.

Check you can view your uploaded photo's from your own browser. For example, my images are stored in a folder at www.tristan.demon.co.uk/images/thenameofthephoto.

Finally just create your post on the forum. Click Img icon above, then insert the URL of the photo and then click Img icon again. Your post should show [im_g]urlofyourphoto[/img] (actually it won't have the _ in the first image tag...inserted to force the post to show the underlying code)

I usually open up a separate tab or window and navigate that to point to the photo I want. Then select the URL from that tab/window and copy it into my post. That way I know I can see the picture and also that I avoid typos.

Hope that helps

Roger

Mike.C":12hl81tk said:
Theres nothing wrong with the instructions, its just me. Can anyone help? Cheers Mike

Can you PM me a link to where you are uploading your photos to? Remember not all sites allow "direct linking" to pictures.

Adam

Adam PM sent.

Roger, thanks for the info.

Martin thanks for posting the photo.

Escudo,

What weight is your table saw? my bandsaw is around 150kg could it handle that weight? oh, and how far do those rear wheels stick out?

Off the top of my head it weigh's around 200kg. So I am sure that it will handle your bandsaw. I hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike

Back