What's a fair price on a Kity 10x8 P/T ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivan

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to sell my Dad's Kity P/T. It's 15 years old (636) but in near mint condition with original paperwork. It didn't get much use, and he lined the cast Ali tables with laminate, so they're hardly marked. Capacity is 250x200mm with 250x1200mm tables. Steel fence, 2 HSS knife cutter block, 100mm dust port, single phase 240V 1.5Kw motor, all complete in good wkg. order, with 3 (look new) sets of spare HSS knives.

Any suggestions as to a fair price to ask?

Since the take over Kity don't make this range any more, so there's not a new one to compare it with. It's considerably more of a machine than the current 439 'on legs' 8x8 model, which is ~ £700! A 637, which is a similar 10x6 machine went for £400 on Ebay and a 637 also seen in an ad. for £480; I thougt this might be a bit high, but who knows!

hi ivan
i bought a kity 637 (i think, its down the workshop but im fairly sure its a 637) through ad trader start of last year, dont know how old but in fair nick, spare set of blades and hand book, paid £350.00 but new the guy needed to sell, vat bill due so gave asking price, dont like to haggle over tools cost to much to buy, and i dont like to sell anything myself.

Hi Ivan
Watched one go on good old ebay a while ago 10" from the late 90s, it fetched £580 inc £80 delv. If it's as good as you say i would have thought you'd get £500 :) ................or £600 on ebay :lol: .

Ivan,

Not sure this will help much, but anyway. I bought a 636 locally via Ebay last Autumn. It's definitely not mint, having had pretty heavy use over a number of years (I'm not sure of its age). It has a chip taken out of the infeed table, but this has not been a problem in use. It had been well maintained (cleaned, lubricated, adjusted).

I paid, IIRC, £130 which I thought was a very fair price. Having watched the prices on Ebay for a while before I bought, I'd say the prices of the 637's you've seen are on the high side. I'd have thought £350 or perhaps a bit more might be realistic for a near mint, low use one. If you can sell to someone local you'll probably get more because there is no delivery cost involved - I got mine into the back of my wife's car (Nissan Sunny).

Dave

Latest posts

Back