What do these symbols mean?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
The ones in the yellow area. Particularly the 1.6 with the triangle?

1614_zpsqza7hkf4.jpg

This is part of a construction sheet. Measurements are metric.

Thanks.

Architecturally, I'd associate that triangle with a revision to the plan of some kind.

NazNomad":169aerxs said:
Architecturally, I'd associate that triangle with a revision to the plan of some kind.

Yes, I've seen reference to notes like that before. The upside down T is I think perpendicularity?

So is it the inside of hole that is to be machined to be that smooth?

The size of the 3mm clearance hole needs to be no smaller than 3mm diameter but can be as large as 3.014mm but then the box at the right...

Is that the tolerance on the perpendicularity of the hole?
...and I guess it's to a datum face "A" if this is correct...http://www.draftingzone.com/shoppingzone/6-1.pdf

Jon

Thanks very much gents for the info and very useful links. Now I understand :)

Rog

Hi
It's been a while since I've seen these symbols but my understanding is it would be a 3.00 mm reamed hole using a flat bottom reamer to obtain depth.
A slow speed with cutting compound to give you the required finish, if you wish to ensure you finish above the 3.00mm but below the tolerance run the reamer at a slightly higher speed.

Looking at the dates of some those specs many of them are relatively new, at least to me. Years ago it would just say ream 3mm + or - the tolerance.

Latest posts

Back