What blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just been asked to undertake a job. The client want's 500 items made from 6mm thick plywood. the dimensions for each piece is 12.5 inches long by almost 3 inches wide. other work involved on these will involve my pillar drill and my scroll saw. I intend using by big Dewalt cross cut saw to prepare the ply and I think I could easily stack cut it going 6 high. I need to get a new blade for the saw and will price it in with the job but what would be the best blade to get, Ideally I would like a clean cut without the ply splintering. I also have 100 other items to make in the same plywood but these are very straight forward.

negative rake, high tooth count. I would try one from freud, wealdon tools, or cutting solutions. Any of those 3 will do the job well, and give you the option of resharpening it many times.

I the one that you have on the saw worth resharpening?

500 items, is it worth pricing it to be laser cut and adding on a margin? If not, it still may be worth pricing up the ply cut to size, which may save you a fair amount of time and effort.

i was going to try and be a bit more useful, but am struggling with the internet restrictions (I am in China at the moment).

Freud appear to do a couple of blades specifically for plywood, but they are not available in the UK. Personally, I would drop Doug at Cutting Solutions an email and ask his advice. He will give you a price and availability. I had one from him for a table saw and it had a lot of carbide on the teeth, and was very well priced. I have also had a freud, which was a nice blade, but had less carbide, so less resharpens.

Ask workshop heaven for their atkinson walker ones.

Cutting solutions won't answer emails

Latest posts

Back