What are your woodworking goals for 2024?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksDad

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Well, 2024 is almost here... what do you want to do in the coming year?

For me, in May it will be 2 years since I started building my workshop - ARGH. The outside is mostly done so I need to get the inside done before then.

So for me in 2024 it's

- Finish workshop
- Build bench
- Actually make something

Well, 2024 is almost here... what do you want to do in the coming year?

For me, in May it will be 2 years since I started building my workshop - ARGH. The outside is mostly done so I need to get the inside done before then.

So for me in 2024 it's

- Finish workshop
- Build bench
Moat and drawbridge around the workshop!

Moat and drawbridge around the workshop!
Yes I think after taking this long my wife might want to keep me in there!

Thankfully I have moved all the tools / wood out of the garage which is now the home gym and into the workshop so she’s happy but it now means me doing the inside whilst it’s full of stuff! (Which in a 3x3m workshop means no space!)

I am guilty of having at least 4 workshop projects on the go - and some of them are going take quite a while to complete so I really must prioritise which of them to tackle first. Of course, there are always the other jobs to do in the garden and the outside of the house needs painted this year, as well. 🤔
Trouble is - I m not very good at multi-tasking. I tend to get totally engrossed in whatever I'm doing and other things just fall by the wayside. It will, certainly, be interesting to see, just what I've managed to accomplish, by this time, next year.:)

So for me in 2024 it's

- Finish workshop
- Build bench
That’s my exact list too! I have, off and on, been setting up my garage workshop over the course of this year. Whenever I seem to be in the flow of things something comes up and I don’t end up back out there for a few weeks. I am determined to get finished so I actually have a space to get jobs done and can then work on house projects like building decent storage and things

Sean

2019 built bench 🤗
2023 built workshop 🤗
(Yes you're right I'm a smart buttocks) {EDIT: I typed a**e but the site changed it to buttocks but I guess you get the idea}
2024 get out there and make something that is not related to the house renovation. 🥺

For me it's to build a lean-to at the back of the garage/workshop to store lawnmower(s), leaf lifter, wheelbarrows, cement mixer, blower, chainsaws etc etc to make room to organise the workshop end of the garage. The concrete base is already completed so now to build the walls and roof.

I don't set any goals. I make whatever I make as either a requirement of house maintenance/furniture or gifts which I wholly enjoy. The stuff I make just for my own pleasure is based on a whim of thought and my design process is so loose as to barely exist. I endeavour to try something new all the time.
My current and recent projects have involved turning and carving and next in the pipeline is some marquetry although I recently demolished an old outbuilding and the roof timbers are some very old oak which I think would make a very nice coffee table which I may do first. Every day is a school day.

Finish the things I started in 2022! Since Mrs went gardening-crazy I haven't had the time or the space. I blinked in April this year and suddenly it was nearly Christmas!
Apart from that, I'd like to try making not-horrible joints, invest in a plane and try to overcome my barrier to imagination of non-useful objects to make.

Back